Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmmmm ... my antenna doesn't look like it's fully extended (grabs with both hands and pulls). CLUNK! Somebody shoot me! Now it doesn't go up or down automatically but makes this horrible grinding noise everytime I turn the car on and off. I took it to pieces last night but I have no idea how it works. I took the metal mast off and compressed it fully and a white plastic rod (with teeth) stuck out about 3" from the bottom. I took a look down the hole where the mast goes but can't see anything. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this ?? How do you get access to the internals of it ??

If it ain't broke ......

·
Dodge should sponsor me
2,014 Posts
sounds like you broke the white plastic cord thats about 2-3 feet from the top of the antenna. if you have only 3 inches left than you must have broke it. try turning the car on getting outside and have someone turn on and off the radio so that hopefully the other end of the cord will be fed out. grab it and pull it the rest of the way out GENTLY. then go to the dealer and get a new antenna mast, it'll be about 30 bucks. to put a new one in, do it wth 2 people, one turning on and off the radio. the other feeding it into the antena hole and having the motor inside grab it and pull it in. make sure that when you pull the old one out that you make sure that you remember which direction the teeth of the cord are facing! if the old cord does not come out, the go thru your trunk and check out the motor for the antenna. good luck, rob on my 3rd antena, due to car wash and 2 different tree branches.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts