·
Bored User
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Bored User
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's not my car. That's a VR-4 I picked up for Matt with a busted ass motor. Ironically it's a Sandstone Grey 92. The car ran completely out of oil somehow. All of the noise is from up top so far. There's atleast one intake valve that I know of bouncing off a piston. The oil pressure is shitty so the bottom end is shot. Overall, if I were to summarize tne motor in one word; it would be fuct.:D

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Powelsound said:
All of the noise is from up top so far. There's atleast one intake valve that I know of bouncing off a piston. The oil pressure is shitty so the bottom end is shot. Overall, if I were to summarize tne motor in one word; it would be fuct.:D

YES, I WAS RIGHT !!!

"heres is my guess @ idle there is many knocking sounds so it got to be in the heads, plus its loud as hell."

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
Holy, that doesn't sound too healthy:eek:

·
Premium Member
12,202 Posts
hay stop racing that thing:) lolol

Ya I bought that car off the net, and it was only 40 miles from Powel's house so he went and got it for me:), the funny parts is he drove it to his house like that! 40 miles:) lolol...

the guy told me the motor was blown so no big deal, I got a good deal on the car:)

that will be my next build to order car:) So if you are interested in having a custom 92 VR-4 built let men know I can build that car how ever you want.

if some1 does not buy it before hand, I am going to put a new motor in it with stage 2 heads, and stock everything els to give the new owner a nice foundation to start from if thy choose to mod it.

·
Treblick's Nightmare
3,671 Posts
That motor must be a brand new dealer installed longblock. Sounds smooth.....;)

·
Just havin' fun!
1,151 Posts
Good job Matt! That sounds like a good idea for other tuners across the states to get a hold of. Then people can just buy these mechanically sound cars and not have to worry above crap breaking after they get it. I know I would have loved to buy mine from you with stage 2 heads already in there!:) You da' man!:D

·
Official 3SI Mouth
2,168 Posts
Sounds like an oil pump. Rod knock doesn't (well, rarely if ever) skip. I still need to pop the case off the one I replaced off my engine- I'd like to see what's left of the gears.

·
former 3s owner :**
2,561 Posts
haha this thread put a smile on my face.

anyways, good deal! i dont know where you guys find these sandstones ;)

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
is it just me or does that sound like a bad war movie? Like helicopters flyin around, machine guns goin off....the ringing doesn't fit in..but pretend that isn't there;)

matt

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
thats what my lifters sounded like when my oil pump went.

·
Settle the Score
5,619 Posts
OMG thats what my engine sounds like EXACTLY!!!:eek:

matt you going to rebuild that motor?? if so when you rip the block apart could you tell me what the problems are??

if not, its no biggie...

MAN i don't want to buy a new motor

*throws a hissy fit while crying**:(

can someone get a good diagnosis on the problem?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.