Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it was in J.C. Whitney or something for about $15.
Thanks,
Player

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
If you mean that you're looking for those silver foldout TV-screen-shaped panels that you pop in your windshield to keep the sun off of the dashboard, yes.

I got mine at WalMart (while wearing a wig and sunglasses). I've long since ditched the packaging, and I don't think that the company name shows on the panels, but here's what I can tell you:

- whoever makes them, makes them in two sizes. On the packaging there is a list of a zillion cars that the particular size will fit. I think that you want the size that does *not* say that it is for the Mitsubishi 3000. If I remember correctly, the 3000 one is the wrong size, and the other size fits nicely. Each panel fits with the long side as the vertical, the short side as the horizontal.

- they are matte silver (i.e. not shiny silver) on one side, black on the other

- they come as two separate panels

- each is in the shape of a TV screen (i.e. not the accordian fold-out type)

- they fold up into a circle

- on my Stealth, with one on the driver's side and the other on the passenger's side, you will have a gap in the middle at the bottom. I just shove a magazine on top of the dashboard under this gap, which is sufficient to keep sunlight off of that otherwise exposed patch

- cost was something like five or seven bucks or so

- they were packed in a cardboard surround, which had a cutout that exposed the panels so that you could see the material. Packaging was yellow?

All this detail matters only because Walmart carried a few others which completely sucked.

·
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually bought one of those, but it was way too big, I guess I need to find a smaller size. I know someone listed that they bought the same thing from J.C. Whitney that was meant for our cars and had a packaged that zipped up for $15. But if you found one that fits good at Wal-Mart I'll keep my eyes open. I just don't want to have problems with my vents cracking. I think it's worth a few bucks to stop that.
Thanks,
Player

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Your vents are going to crack no matter what you try. btw - I got mine at Wal-Mart too.

·
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mines a 1992 and I don't have any problems so far. I fugure that this will greatly prolong them along with my dash and interior.
Player

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
If you are located anywhere in the south with 1-2+ months consistantly over 100 degrees during the summer, your vents will crack. There is no stopping it other than leaving the car in the garage and not driving anywhere.

·
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live in Indiana. High humidity (YUCK) and hot summers.
Player

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hey, speaking of the vents cracking, is the dealer the only place we can get those??? They are 25 bucks apiece if i remember correctly. Has anyone every tried to fix the cracked ones. Just a thought.

brian
91 Stealth ES (with cracked vents of course!)

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Player, according to the manufacturer's tag on my sun shades, they're called "Magic Shade", and they're made by a company called "Axius".

Remember, they come in two sizes, one of which is a good fit, and one of which sucks. If you get the sucks one, exchange it for the other one.

·
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I live on the north side of Indianapolis.
Player

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.