Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is my understanding that the GTO MR is a lighter twin turbo model from the factory, and in a recent post, someone said it is perhaps as much as 300lbs lighter. Does anyone know what the differences from the american vr4 are to account for 300lbs? Any idea what kind of times it ran stock?

·
is dominating the race!
7,527 Posts
it doesnt have 4 wheel steering, and it might come with cloth seats, i think that's all.....

·
VR4 Member
1,877 Posts
no ac, no aws, and I think no power seats.

·
VR4 Member
1,877 Posts
oh yeah they came with 13g's and ran 12s stock

·
Registered
987 Posts
GTO MR:

6 speed manual only
No 4 Wheel Steering
No Electronic Control Suspension
Sport Tuned Suspension
No Leather
7-Way Sport Seats (rather then the 8-way)
No CD Player
No Steering Wheel Remote Control Switch (for radio)
No Keyless Entry Alarm System

All this removed, and the car does 12.88 stock!!!:eek:

I am not sure about the 13G part, I dont even think 3000GT's came with them from the factory, this was a popular upgrade people bought, but no 3000GT from the factory ever came with 13Gs. People who bought the J-Spec engines with 13Gs in them probubly bought an upgraded engine. All Jspec engines usually come with 9bs:(

·
Registered
399 Posts
and the chassis and engine is 1st gen(Z15A), with 2nd gen(3rd I guess) out side.

well, this explains why it has 13G

·
VR4 Member
1,877 Posts
but no 3000GT from the factory ever came with 13Gs

then why would they have a part number for it that is very close to the 9bs, no I'm pretty sure that some vr4s came with 13gs although I do think a lot of them came with 9bs

·
Hokuto Shin-Ken Successor
650 Posts
mmmm Not Really :p

13g over here oh yea and it is a 3000GT not a GTO :D pics coming soon

Just Like u said:
No 4 Wheel Steering
I got the ECS
No CD Player
No Steering Wheel Remote Control Switch (for radio)
No Keyless Entry Alarm System
mine's 5spd not 6spd Chassis #Z16A

TurboTurd said:
GTO MR:

I am not sure about the 13G part, I dont even think 3000GT's came with them from the factory, this was a popular upgrade people bought, but no 3000GT from the factory ever came with 13Gs. People who bought the J-Spec engines with 13Gs in them probubly bought an upgraded engine. All Jspec engines usually come with 9bs:(

1st Gen chassis # = Z15A or Z16A ?! :confused: I checked takakaira.com and it shows 90~93 Z16A and 94~ Z15A

Originally posted by ajimbo
and the chassis and engine is 1st gen(Z15A)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any of you happen to know what the stock boost setting was on the MR that it was running high 12's?

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
Z16 and Z15 has nothing to do with 1st gen or 2nd gen.

Z16 has 4WD and 4WS.

Z15 has only 4WD.

For instance, the 94 Stealth TT was a Z16 even thought it was a 2G car, but the 95 and 96 Stealth TTs were Z15s because of the deleted 4WS. I'd also think the GTO SRs would be Z15s because while they were NAs, they also lacked the 4WS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts