Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a tape/tuner with cd changer inputs but have only seen Alpine with the glorified radio tuner.
If no one knows, is anyone interested in a business venture?

M

·
0 Posts
Eclipse, by Fujitsu Ten, makes an awesome touch-screen tuner. Be prepared to pay big $$ for it though. When I was in the maket for one they wanted $1600 for it I think, but that was when it was brand new so it might have come down a little now.

Their site is www.fujitsu-ten.co.jp/

Matt

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
As mentioned, Eclipse had (not sure if they still have it anymore) a system that incorporated a touch-sensitive screen. I have the full system in my car.

The CD player (top piece) is the ECD-510. The bottom piece is the processor controller: EQR-2140, which directly integrates with the EQS-2000 processor which I have mounted into the back of the passenger seat. The 2140 is the touch-screen piece. You use the screen to cycle thru the different option/control menus and set levels, works in conjunction with the buttons. Directly controls volume too. Quite nice. But as was mentioned, it's expensive. Not sure of the actual cost as I bought it nearly 4 years ago and got a steal of a deal on it, but the 3 pieces mentioned above cost about $1500 (if I remember correctly). Retail would have been about $2200 I think. It's all connected with a digital signal and glass fiber optic cables.

Picture below shows what it looks like.

EricB
The 222 HP Stereo...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts