Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The back of my first gen 3000GT just says "3000GT" without the SL designation. When I run a carfax of my VIN number, it shows that "This 1992 3000GT SL......"

Does this mean I have an SL????? The only upgrades my car has are power windows/locks, cruise, power drivers seat. My radio is the standard Am/Fm cassette, and my A/C is the nondigital, "turn the knobs style" system. I'm sure everything else is stock.

Is my car an SL????

·
UP THE IRONS!!!
3,129 Posts
I'm not 100% sure...but I'm PRETTY sure that all SL's had leather seats. Sounds like you have a GT model with a dealer package upgrade...but not an SL package. I'm also pretty sure that all SL's (esp. 1st gen) DID in fact have it so badged on the rear.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Then what's up with the Carfax calling it an SL ??? Doesn't Carfax detect the car model based on the VIN????

·
Registered
497 Posts
carfax calls my car an es so it does make mistakes

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm really interested in finding out for certain. I will be selling my car shortly and it makes a large difference (literally thousands of dollars) to have an SL in terms of blue book value.

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
My SL, has power windows, locks, Take off Sunroof.And Digital Climate Control, ECS, Power Seats.

-Jeff

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
All SL's had climate control as well...

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Nope...

JagdStealth said:
All SL's had climate control as well...
I have a '97 SL and it does not have it. I believe that they stopped putting it on there sometime around '94-'95??? Just a shot in the dark...:confused:

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
yeah, I'm sorry, I meant to say All 1st gen SLs have climate control...

·
F15 - The Fastest 1/4mile
913 Posts
I have a 1994 SL.
Guaranteed to be an SL per the window sticker.
It has leather seats, it was my understanding that ALL 2nd gen SLs have leather seats, anyway. I also have the factory moonroof and do not have the climate control system. It also has ECS and ABS.
Mine does not have "SL" badging on the bumper.
I have noticed that some do and some don't. Can't tell you which are which, but my 94 is an SL and doesn't have the badge.
PS-Its for sale :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.