Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sc300-2jzgte coming soon
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stupid locks from dodge for my RT key #73f0016
is there a way to get the stupid locks off without the key mine cracked today and will not stay in the lock? Do i have to get another one? If anyone in south Fl has one That I can barrow that would be great but if not what are my options?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I don't know how bad your case is, but when my locking nuts
got stripped, I had to take it into the shop and let them
get it off, and put a new set one. good luck.

·
Sc300-2jzgte coming soon
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the locks are all ok but the stupid key is screwed

·
Registered
877 Posts
You can contact McGard and get a new key. I had too once and it wasn't very expensive or that long of a wait.

·
Sc300-2jzgte coming soon
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just need a way to get them off i was plaing on doing my brakes today but this got in the way and i need to car to be at full strength by this weekend

·
Sc300-2jzgte coming soon
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is there any particular shop that you go to?

·
Lord of Eagle's Reach
1,511 Posts
find a piece of pipe with an inside diameter just a shade smaller than the outside diameter of the lock nut. take a hammer and knock the pipe over the nut (make sure you don't hit your rim with you do this) so that there is a nice tight fit. then take a monkey wrench or something, grab a hold of the pipe with it and turn.
Matt

·
Sc300-2jzgte coming soon
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its worth trying

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
See my FAQ.

My experience was that the key was starting to strip the lock nut. The solution was that the Dodge Dealer got it off no problem by using my key and his air wrench. So try using an air wrench first.

And then throw away those stupid McGard locks. New lug nuts are two bucks a pop, so you're set for 8 bucks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts