Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 93 stealth 5 speed and some 17 inch trims wondering what size tire would be a good fit on them

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's really a matter of preference and really depends on the conditions and terrain you're driving. Freeway, backroads, asphalt, concrete ect... A lower profile tire is gonna ride rougher than a thicker one obviously due to less sidewall cushion when it comes to tire performance. The car already handles well with either one and you can adjust the suspension to get the perfect stance for any side wheel and tire if you're going for just looks. I put 20"s on my 3000 even though there's alot of people that are against it, but it's your ride and do what feels right to you and not what anybody else says.

·
Verified ***** Member
405 Posts
I believe stock 17's were 245/45/17. Lots of people go wider, but not many go narrower. I used 245/50/17's once in a pinch, but i got rubbing on some heavy corners since i was lowered.

·
Registered
243 Posts
"some" 17 in rims..

Are these stock 17" or aftermarket? If aftermarket, what is the width as they will play a role in what size you can go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts