Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen these ugly little cars? they are about the size of a Suzuki Swift, but have a nice motor.

I drive a 91 Mazda MX6 LX 2.2L 5 spd. has about 140-150hp. Well, while i was driving along 82nd street (the strip in m city) icame across a 94 Dogde Shadow ES 3.0 OHC. That little sucker gave m a run for my money. Although i did beat him until last gear (his was auto.) he smoked me in 5th. That V6 crmmed in those little bodies make for a nice little racer car. Of course, they wouldnt last against a stealth or 3000gt, exept for maybe the base stealth mode (164hp models) but for the pice, they aren't that slow..

Just hought id share

·
Registered
606 Posts
LOL gotta love a Shadow. My first car was a 1988 Dodge shadow, with a 2.0 (i think) turbo. pretty quick. I kept up with an 85 iroc z28.
yeah, that was a 2.2l, i'm guessing a turboI(non-intercooled). the 3.0 V6 they put in those cars did pretty well, but find a TurboII or modified Turbo1 chrysler and it'll mop up that 3.0l without a problem. while we're on the subject of ugly lil' cars that can move, might wanna look out of the Spirit R/T, 2.5l turbo, 224hp and but-ass ugly.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had heard that the shadow's cam with a turob model, but this one was just the OHC 3.0 ...im not saying its super fast, just alot faster than the looks of the car would sggest.. of course, my mx6 is stock, but not too slow for a 4 banger..

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you want a real shadow, skip the v6 and get the cxs-t model, hard to finds but worth it. Built by shelby with a 2.2L turbo. fast little car my uncle had one and I drove it one day . I raced my friends rebuilt 78 firebird W/a 455 rocket, and a four speed He took me off the line but I smoked him by 3-4 cars up to 100, hehe four bangers that fly rule

·
Registered
223 Posts
Much agreed! The Shadow ES with the Mitsu V-6 is a pretty kick butt set up. The 3 liter makes a huge plateau of torque, and with the 5 speed are pretty dang quick. I ran one the other night and although he got me off the line, and I wasen't exactly expecting him to run, when my turbo spooled I reeled him back in, and by third, short shifting some what I had him behind me. He gave me the thumbs up. Cool guy. I stopped to talk to him after that and he said all he could hear was my turbo. LOL So yes the good old Chrysler turbo 4's kick butt! I actually enjoyed that race. Earlier that day I also took a Grand Prix. That was cool. First time I ever chripped them in 2nd. He he he

1 - 6 of 6 Posts