Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a few of you know I have been trying to figure out how to make the remote Scramble boost mode switch work. Allost of ppl don't even know the EVC IV has this option, but it does. What it allows you to do is mount a switch that when pushed will engage the scramble boost funstion. So basically you can drive around at low boost and when someone comes ripping by yopu can hit the switch and go to full boost!!! And your not trying to push that tiny button on the head unit. Interest on how to hook it up? If you ask I might tell you how.....:D :D :D

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Perhaps I'm missing something here.

I have the external scramble boost switch installed. It went in when the EVC IV went in.

It is a push button (illuminates a nice green color under normal conditions, turns red when depressed and holds that until it triggers then returns to green, says "TRIG" on it) that has a harness that plugs into the back of the EVC IV.

No rocket science to hooking it up. I have mine on the side of the center console within easy reach of my right hand. The EVC IV is inside the center console.

Chris
1994 VR4

·
Dodge should sponsor me
2,014 Posts
whow, i have to open my counsil and hit the top right button (alt)to go to the high setting, please explain what you did ???

·
The Wizard Of Aaahhhhh's
1,596 Posts
That sounds kinda similar to the way I have my MBC set up. :p :cool: :)

Chris

·
180 Posts
I put mine in a little cover plate and mounted in on the console in place of the ash tray. Very easy to install, especially if your controller is under the armrest. Looks very nice and is convenient to use. Makes a nice conversation piece too.

Passenger: What's that button do?
Me: Carefull!! Whatever you do, DON'T push that button! :D

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, you can buy the button. But it cost around $70. What I did was called HKS and got the pinout so you can make your own for under $5. This is what you do. On the back of the EVC IV unit you will see three harnesses. On is the (2 pin) power, One is the (8 pin) solinoid), the other is a (4 pin) auzilliary unit. Well on the four pin coneentor you will see a orange, yellow, green, and red wires. We only need to concern ourselves with the orange and yellow wires. Get you self a NO (normally open) pushbutton switch from radio shack or wherever. Wire one pin to the yellow wire and the other to the orange. Now when you depress the pushbutton it will engage the scamble boost mode. I installed it today and it is so fun to have the little power boost button at your control. It almost like having a NOS switch. HAVE FUN!!!

·
no speed limits here
3,438 Posts
Does that mean you must keep the button depressed for scramble boost?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you just push it once and it will engage your scramble boost setting. So if you have it set at 1.00 bar for 10 seconds. when you push the button it will set your boost to 1.00bar for 10 secondsa then return to your original setting.

I cruise around at 0.50 bar and when someone tries to rip by me or race me from a roll. I just hit the button, my boost jumps to 1.00 bar and I'm out of their. No chance for them considering it usually ricers that try to pass you so they can say they beat a stealth....

·
no speed limits here
3,438 Posts
Of course. I have the EVC4 and forgot how the scramble boost feature worked. Thanks for the info on the pins.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts