Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have also been told that we have a 155mph speed limiter in the VR4's, is this true? Saw the C&D magazine where the Supra was the only one with a speed limiter. Said the VR4 went 157.......bc of aerodynamic drag??? I have heard alot of guys who say they have gone faster. If there is a governor, what year did they start, or do we all have them????? Thanks

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
This is a very unknown topic ! I hacked the ECU on my EU car and found no limiter. 174mph was the fastest I got. Some others say that there is a soft limiter but nobody can really tell for sure !

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
The only real governors (outside of the rev-limiter at 7300+/-) is Mother Nature and physics (drag vs weight vs power vs etc).

EricB

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used to have a '92 GTO AWD non-turbo here in New Zealand, and these cars definately had a speed limiter at 180km/hr (112MPH).

The US 3000GT's are probably different.

Max.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why don't you try it and find out? Find a long, relatively straight road with no traffic and wind it up! You might have to do so in the very early morning. Post your results.

I had my Vette up to 162mph before I had to let off- I still had more top end to go, but I didn't want to pass anyone at that speed. The ride was still very smooth and felt very in-control, but it was still a major rush.

I have a '96 6sp. with an LT-4. I've been told my top end is at least 172 mph.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
US 3kgts have no limiter, i believe.
on the other hand, Japanese GTO has speed limiter controlled by CPU, due to japanese regulation. Therefore some boost controller or turbo timer sold in Japan have function that come with speed limiter cut. NZ GTO seems to be the exactly the same GTO as sold in Japan. Right handle, KM/H, 280HP, right?
Is there GTO MR in NZ?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, will try to get out to Oklahoma? Is that where the no speed limit is? And try it out!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts