Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
God damn... i wana quit so bad... i wana sit at home and vegetate before i leave for the mothership in less than 2 months...

Pros about staying at this job:
- Pretty much transfered my responsibilities to the new guys.. i do nothing!
- nice pay check every 2 weeks for sitting here and look pretty

Cons:
- Wake up early....
- Sitting infront of the computer surfin web 9 hrs a day is hard work!

Pros about quiting:
- lots of free time to do whatevers
- sleep til noon
- learn golf (always wanted to but never had time)
- go work out (always too tired & lazy after work..)
- snow season is coming.. go boarding on weekdays~

Cons:
- no paychecks..
- money will be tight unless i can get rid of the Jeep quick..
- might be TOO bored...

:confused: :confused: :( :(

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts
I would say to spend your time those last few months at "work." I mean really how hard can it be? Think about when you'll be working later and thinking "Wow, I wish I could've done that more often and gotten paid." Get the cash and mod the car some more ;)

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
everyone is telling me to stay and get paid also... man.. i guess i'll use a lot of sick days if i need some 'free' time...

just hope they dont get sick of me sittin here doin nothing and boot me out! :D

·
baron of isosceles
3,963 Posts
I'd stay and get paid, not everyone has the benefit of having a job where you get paid handsomely to sit and post on 3si.org all day :)..but seriously, i'd stick with the job just for the simple fact that you'd probably get bored pretty quickly, end up spending more money (without any coming in) and the monetary situation could get really tighter quicker.

Then again, what do i knwo? i'm only 17...

Tyler

·
Registered
689 Posts
When is the mothership coming? Can I go? Can they fix my neck? My neurologist told me a week ago that now he doesn't think that RFA procedure will help me. Fuck I thought that was my last resort. Now they're talking about opiate rotation, muscle relaxers, rest, and physical therapy that hasn't helped me in the past 6 months. I'm tired of resting. I want the pain to go and get back to my life. I want to go back to my real job. I can't keep going indefinitely like this. Damnit I've been sooooo down this past week. :(

My car is the only fun I have and that's been limited lately. Sorry George.

Take the time and do something you really want to do. Things that I've done and places I've been are what I most value of my past, not what I bought or things I did at work.

·
Registered
612 Posts
AmkreadGTO said:

Pros about staying at this job:
- Pretty much transfered my responsibilities to the new guys.. i do nothing!
- nice pay check every 2 weeks for sitting here and look pretty

Pros about quiting:
- lots of free time to do whatevers
- sleep til noon
- learn golf (always wanted to but never had time)
- go work out (always too tired & lazy after work..)
- snow season is coming.. go boarding on weekdays~
It sounds like you should stay and just use up your sick days when you want to do stuff. Nobody is going to hang out w/ you everyday and your going to get bored and resort to the web. I got a buddy that stays home all day and all he does is surf the web. Wait a minute.... can he have your job??? :D

You do need to work out cause you don't look pretty.... j/k:D

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
all u guys have valid points... if i can just get rid of this Jeep soon then i dont need to worry about money for the next 2 months... man.. :cool: i guess i'll stick it out till end of month or when someone buys the Jeep...

Czar, what happened to ur neck?? car accident or work?? i have a bad back from old football/weight lifting days... :(

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
phreakerz said:
WORK PART-TIME!!!!!!

You can get the best of both worlds. :D :D :D
i dont think they'll let me work part-time... they dont really need me now... it will just give them an excuse to let me go~ :D

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
Well, I have been unemployed for 3 months. The first 2 months were great, but now I am getting VERY bored. The reason I am bored is because I am poor, otherwise I would find tons of stuff to do to keep me busy. The job market sucks.

I say, quit when you have about 1 month to go if you can afford it. Sleeping in til noon is a great thing.

Where are you going? You keep saying the mothership?????

·
Registered
731 Posts
Stay it get the money next thing you know 2 months are up and you got paid to do nothing

not to be noise but why you leaving anyway to the motherland >?:)

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I was there like you are at a job with basically nothing to do, I could get all my work done in 45 minutes, and it will drive you crazy. Try getting out and taking morning walks or maybe bring in your work out cloths and going for a run at lunch and just be gone a little longer, then an afternoon walk. Where I work they had a nice gym so you could kill a little time there if you company has one.

I have been there and done that, but thank goodness my job now keep me as busy as I want, I have to plan to take a lunch.

Try varying your routine a bit every day, but I can tell you one thing when you change jobs the next one people around you will wonder what’s going on when you come in and bust ass, because you haven't had anything to do your last job. Got to stay busy, man it make time fly. May even want to bring in reading material. Call GT Pro and see what they are up to every day and give us a report, that could be interesting.

Good luck and remember it’s only for a short time.

·
Registered
18,548 Posts
ill solve your problems and make me happy......stay at the job so your not bored but send me the money after the check is cashed so you have no memory of working. i need to change my tranny.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
91vr4n00maxima said:
ill solve your problems and make me happy......stay at the job so your not bored but send me the money after the check is cashed so you have no memory of working. i need to change my tranny.
how is that solvin my problem? :confused: But we can arrange something for that certain "item" u said its not for sale... ;)

·
Ultra Member
4,294 Posts
matt92vr4 said:
Where are you going? You keep saying the mothership?????
He means Mother Land. U know ... for us peeps... it's Taiwan.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
JEEPers said:

He means Mother Land. U know ... for us peeps... it's Taiwan.
everything is made in Taiwan:D Shit must be super cheap over there.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
VeilsideVR4 said:

no... we just know how to make imitations quick and fast... sometimes we cut corners and make them really cheap... :D

·
Ultra Member
4,294 Posts
VeilsideVR4 said:

You calling me cheap Izzy ???? :p I was made in Taiwan too. :D So how's life in a SUV!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts