Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I trashed my stock exhaust system and built a new one for under 300 bucks.
Started out finding a place on the web that sold Y pipes and bought two. Then went to e-bay and picked up two mufflers.

BigExhaust.com 1.856.273.9607
Provide Each $27.91
Y-Pipe 2.5" IN/DUAL 2.5" OUT/SINGLE 10" Long

Megan Racing Inc 909-598-8082
NEW TearDrop 4"Tip Muffler Exhaust w/silencer
US $60.99 each

Got all the pipe from a local auto shop along with the claps(1.09 each) and hangers (1.95 each)

Have the front pipe from each side of the engine coming down to the first Y. Nice flow with the back pipe having its own bend till it gets to the Y section instead of just the front one. This sits horizontal with both pipes now leading to one. Have a single straight pipe all the way back to almost the gastank and split it up with the second Y. Now this piece sits vertical. Rout it to each side where the old mufflers use to be mounted and threw on the new mufflers.

Drilled a hole for the 02 sensor and sealed it. It is about 1/4th the weight of stock and eliminates all the crap. The mufflers have a deep throaty sound.
Nice looking, polished, big, dual mufflers in the back!!!!

150 shipped for mufflers
65 shipped for Y pipes
50 for rest of pipes
7 for connecting brackets
15 for clamps and hangers

·
Finally back!
1,226 Posts
Pics

·
Large Member
6,163 Posts
sorry to burst your bubble, but that's not a TRUE "dual exhaust".. a true dual exhaust is one exhaust pipe from the front bank going all the way back, and another seperate pipe from the rear bank all the way back, with no connection anywhere along the way.. :)

but, that is a nice, cheap, easy way for a custom exhaust that has dual outlets..

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes that is true....it would have been much easier and a lil cheaper to do it that way....would not have needed the Y pipes.

Anyway it is nice to have the down pipe from the back bank flow instead of a straight drop into the front banks pipe.

I will try and get pics up tonight!!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As for any performance gains....it seems to hit quicker at 30+mph when I hit the gas. Sound great...had one guy say "You can hear all 8 pistons hitting, good motor" lol :) I didnt say anything

Yes, that was with the bend too. I kept everything at 90 or 45

Been sick for the last two days so no pics yet, will try and get them up soon. This beats 300 bucks for a front pipe or 40 for a test

1 - 7 of 7 Posts