Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I love her▼
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup y'all. I have all my TT parts sitting right now. I'm just waiting to do an install. I was just wondering if I really do need a Derale Fan controller or not because I've read about quite a few people who didn't need it. I have a 1995 Base Fed Spec and I am going to be using a 1992 Fed Spec TT ECU. Thanks for letting me know. Peace,
-Mr.3000

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
Yes you do need it, or wire them to be always on when you have the car on. If you still want my Derale controller, I still have it.

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
Hehe! I started the derale fan controller thing here. I'm glad people listened. It's a great investment if you don't have a 1st gen Radiator. I hated having my fan hot wired to a switch. With this controller you set it and you don't have to worry about watching coolant temps in traffic.

·
I love her▼
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hehe! I started the derale fan controller thing here. I'm glad people listened. It's a great investment if you don't have a 1st gen Radiator. I hated having my fan hot wired to a switch. With this controller you set it and you don't have to worry about watching coolant temps in traffic.
Hahaha cool man. I really appreciate it. So a word to all you hybrid guys using 1G TT ECU's....Get a DERALE!!! haha.

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
LOL! your krazy bro!

But if you have a 1st gen radiator you can wire it up since it has sensors build in. My problem is I am still using my 1997 ATX radiator. In the 2nd gen the ECU controls the fans. The derale is a dream

Here's mine...Excuse the dusty bay I live in New Mexico:)

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
^ Thanks for finding that controller and the "tech support" :lol:, it worked great.

·
Argentine 3KGT
1,216 Posts
Hey Mr.3000GT i saw you are using a 92 TT ECU on your 95 FED Spec NA. I also have a 95 fed spec na and i already did the conversion, but im interested on getting a TT ecu right now to make tuning easier. What do you nned to do to install your 92 TT ECU and harness? i may buy a 91 ECU with harness. If you could tell me what is involved i would really appreciate it.

·
I love her▼
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Mr.3000GT i saw you are using a 92 TT ECU on your 95 FED Spec NA. I also have a 95 fed spec na and i already did the conversion, but im interested on getting a TT ecu right now to make
tuning easier. What do you nned to do to install your 92 TT ECU and harness? i may buy a 91 ECU with harness. If you could tell me what is involved i would really appreciate it.
Well you are gonna need a Derale fan controller like the thread is talking about. You are gonna need a 91-93 Fed Spec TT ECU, a TT Front O2 sensor, extend your stock rear O2 sensor and tap into the 55-56 lines for your O2 sensors. Here is all the info I gathered:

How to connect a 1st Gen TT ECU to my 95 Fed Spec Harness:
1. As others have said, extend the rear O2, wire in a front O2, wire in a OBDI port for datalogging,; and you also have to add resistors to your injector harness, and do fan controller. The Derale one works great, $39 from Summit.

2. basicly the only thing you'll have to do is tap into the 55-56 lines for tt o2 sensors when puting a 93tt ecu into your car and rewire the radiator fan.......funny thing about that. i didn't rewire my radiator fan, and the first time i drove it i almost over heated it when i was showing it to a friend and letting it just sit there. didn't take long to figure something wasn't right....

Front O2 pin 55
Rear O2 pin 56

1st gen TT FED SPEC ECU with my '95 N/A harness.

At the O2 sensor:
Blue - Signal
white - ground
black - heater
black - heater

At the O2 connector
White - signal
black - ground
red - heater
black - heater

At the ECU
black - signal
green w/blue - ground
green - heater
black w/blue - heater

I hope this helps....

·
Argentine 3KGT
1,216 Posts
Yes it does thanks bro, and about the CAS sensor? I can just leave that unpluged?

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts

·
Argentine 3KGT
1,216 Posts
By the way,...where can i get the Derele controller?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have a 1st gen, a 91 SL. Im going TT and was wnodering if I need it or not? You said if I have a 1G radiator I wont need the controller? What do i do?

·
vice prez: TPW
8,090 Posts
Front O2 pin 55
Rear O2 pin 56

1st gen TT FED SPEC ECU with my '95 N/A harness.

At the O2 sensor:
Blue - Signal
white - ground
black - heater
black - heater

At the O2 connector
White - signal
black - ground
red - heater
black - heater

At the ECU
black - signal
green w/blue - ground
green - heater
black w/blue - heater

I hope this helps....
That info looks familiar.. :suspect: :D

The Derale fan controller is awesome. Very easy fix. I've already sold three friends on getting one for their electric fans. All 3 of them were deleting clutch fans.

-John

·
Registered
802 Posts
So why do you need this exactly?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts