Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I can't stop modding :)
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day when I stoped off to get gassed up I was wating for my turbo timer to run off and I noticed smoke coming from one of my tail pipes. It was not alot, it was white, and it does it once in a while but not all the time. Anyways, I went back and stuck my finger in them and the pipes on the left hand side were dry but the pipes on the right hand side were moist. They did not have an oily smell. it was more of an old exhaust smell. Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about, and it a real problem or am I just being parinoid again(I was told by a guy at sears that "I was being over sensative of my car" because I thought there was more play in the stearing than normal):confused:

·
Registered
767 Posts
Are you sure all of this isn't just because of the colder weather? The water vapor that's always in exhaust gases becomes visible as it gets colder. Is this the "white smoke" you are talking about or do you think you could be burning coolant? Also, as far as the steering goes. Keep in mind that metal expands when it gets hot, and contracts as it gets cold. It might be a stretch, but the play you feel in the wheel could be due to increased tolerances among all of the steering and suspension joints.

·
I can't stop modding :)
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It may be the weather or temp variations between the eng and outside. I have only owned the car(92 stealth tt) for 5 mo. now, so I was wondering if there was anything I should be watching out for. So far with 112k miles the only problem is a lifter tick and a dead battery(good reason to tell wife I need an optima). And the age may explaine the play in the stearing.:dodge:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.