Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ex-VPC Headbanger
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mobil 1 10w-30 1qt/500 miles

Redline 10w-40 1qt/1500 miles

I am considering a 20w-50 for next summer. My plugs don't look too bad so the consumption can't be hurting too much.

[This message has been edited by David_J (edited December 30, 1999).]

S

·
0 Posts
By the way, I finished my Timing Belt job last night, I did the belt and the tensioner, and the PARTS alone cost me $200! (That bites) But it came out good. Anyway, I checked the oil and its down a little...I just put a half quart in 2 weeks ago...seems like its using oil. Is this semi-normal to use a little oil in these cars?
Thanks!
Randy

M

·
0 Posts
My 92 TT has 156,000 on it and doesn't use any oil at all. I think the general rule is up to a quart of oil every 4 or 500 miles is within acceptable limits at the high end, someone correct me if I am wrong. Mike

V

·
0 Posts
I noticed that some oil spills out under the oil cap during hard accel. Will need an o-ring.

D

·
0 Posts
I use about a quart every 3 weeks in my 94 GTSL. And I did have to by a new oil cap about 2 weeks ago because oil was seeping thru the o-ring.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I USE O N L Y exxon/havoline 10w30 oil
49C OR 59C PER QUART WITH REBATE
I HAVE N E V E R PAID MORE
FRAM OIL FILTER -->
AM CHANGING TO AC DELCO SOON
61K MILES 91 STEALTH ES
ORIGINAL HOSES & BELTS
USES NOT 1 DROP OF OIL
NO LEAKS
NO TICKING
WHY IN THE WORLD PAY DOUBLE TO QUADRUPLE
FOR OIL?
OIL CHANGED EVERY 3K MILES - USUALLY EVERY 6
TO 9 MONTHS

R

·
0 Posts
Maybe I'm stupid, but I refuse to put that conventional stuff in my performance car. Synthetics have been proven to protect better and offer better wear protection characteristics at high temps and pressures. When my EGT's are approaching 1550 degrees, I want an oil that won't coke in the turbos. To each his own I guess. I use Mobil 1 10W30 in my Turbo Buick and in the Stealth Twin Turbo along with a Mobil 1 oil filter. My car does not burn or use any oil between oil changes.

Because of my friend at Wal Mart, I pay $14.70 for 5 quarts after taxes for Mobil 1 synthetic so that's about $2.75 a quart before taxes and worth every penny IMHO.

[This message has been edited by Ron 94 TT (edited December 30, 1999).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts