Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The water inlet and outlets have been discontinued from Mitsubishi. Mine had several problems i found during a freshing up of the motor and i found out the hard way these are no longer available in the us or in japan . 1. The main problem i had was the outlet housings where the hose grabs on both the inlet and outlet were very corroded and pitted it didn't actively leak but it did weep from time to time and cause a build up, at the hose ends 2. the second problem i had was the sealing surface for the pressure cap was also corroded and was causing a slight leak under high pressure.

The good news is i was able to find alternatives that are currently available.
1 the thermostat outlet, hyundai part # 25631 39010 is almost a exact copy all the bolts are the same size instead of having one large bolt like the stock one , but he gasket surface and bolt pattern are the same
2.Four seasons water outlet Part #85097 this will bolt up but does not have a outlet for turbo coolant and the cap is different . I don't have coolant going to my throttle body anymore so i just used one of those ports for the turbo coolant instead the benefit to this neck it allows the use of a morroso or stant high pressure racing cap. I have the cap on the way now to confirm it fits

If there are better alternatives please chime in
if you have alternatives for other parts chime in too.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry but i just test the hyundyi part again and it is slightly off
back to the drawing board

·
Registered
409 Posts
Please Edit your original Post to indicate that the part does not fit please. But dont erase everything so in the future people will know that particular part # is not a fit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts