Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do they make a high dflow plenum? doesn't it seem our intake manifolds are kinda small and look restrictive of air? that and the throttle body.anyone know of any upgrades for this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
877 Posts
I'm currently having one built for my car. Hogan's Racing Manifolds out of California will do custom designs. It isn't cheap (almost $2500), but I need my throttle body coming off of the other side and our plenum could definetly use some improvement.
 

·
Senior Member "Go Pig Go"
Joined
·
3,086 Posts
Greddy made one back in the day...palamara (sp) had it on his car.....they discontinued it awhile back
 

·
I'm Back
Joined
·
1,839 Posts
intake

a tuner by me called IMP made one awhile ago. they sold a lot to ALAMO and they stopped making them because it was hard. but joe, the owner of imp, said he was gonna be making more and he would let me know when that went down. basically the design is the same as stock, but the runners are larger diameter and its polished. looks really cool and i think joe said when he dynoed it he gained 26hp.

if you send your throttle body out to RC engineering (or possibly any good machinst im guessing), they will bore your throttle body out by 4mm <-- i think thats the correct number

chris

PS - RO: you never got me the prices on those turbos you promised! email me at [email protected] or talk to me on AIM (PARISICC)
 

·
AZ 3/S Tech
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
...TB

infinity Q45 has a 75mm TB and bolts up to our plenum
our TB is 60mm (+4mm would not even come close to the Q45!)
if you know someone who can weld aluminum making a custom plenum would not be that difficult. Making an intake manifold would be pretty hard though because f the crossover design and limited space. Either way, the port size at the head is not going to get much bigger than the runners are on the stock manifold / plenum anyway!

later
tim3kgt
 

·
i don't even know...
Joined
·
2,245 Posts
i thought i heard somewhere that someone flow-bench tested our top sides, and they happen to flow a rather large amount of air... more than the supra's? :confused:
i don't think i made that up... but ya never know its been a long day-
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,179 Posts
de_vr4 said:
i thought i heard somewhere that someone flow-bench tested our top sides, and they happen to flow a rather large amount of air... more than the supra's? :confused:
i don't think i made that up... but ya never know its been a long day-
I think they were talking about the heads.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,179 Posts
Re: ...TB

tim3kgt said:
infinity Q45 has a 75mm TB and bolts up to our plenum
our TB is 60mm (+4mm would not even come close to the Q45!)
if you know someone who can weld aluminum making a custom plenum would not be that difficult. Making an intake manifold would be pretty hard though because f the crossover design and limited space. Either way, the port size at the head is not going to get much bigger than the runners are on the stock manifold / plenum anyway!
What year Q45?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,562 Posts
God damn it, I sold my old Q45, had I known this, it would have left with the Stealth TB on it! I've never heard of this... let's get some expert opinions on this! Hell, start another thread, lol.
 

·
Booooossstt
Joined
·
6,788 Posts
As long as it is in the same bolt pattern setup and has the same connections as our stock throttle bodies do then this is just a bolt on affair. It only requires 4 bolts and reapplying all connections and you are done on a stang can't imagine it to be much harder on our cars. How big is our inlet on the intake plenum on our cars though? If it is also 60mm then a 75mm throttle body is a waste of our cash. If it is however 70mm or whatever then I will do what I can to find me a throttle body from a Q45 (what years btw) and strap it on and see what happens. It should be a nice chunk of hp added on with just that!
sean
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Ummmmmm......doesnt the q45 have a 83mm throttle body. As well where did you find out that the throttlebody off of a nissan product will bolt on to our mitsu product. Also how would it plug in to the wiring?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
I'm assuming that if it does work for the TTs, that it would work for the NAs as well right?? (since the throttle bodies are similar, if not the same exact thing)

In that case.....PLEASE!!! Anyone with more info??? (If you cannot tell, I have an NA :) hehe) This seems like it would be an interesting mod that would be pretty cheap.

Bump
 

·
Are we there yet?
Joined
·
60 Posts
Internexus said:
How big is our inlet on the intake plenum on our cars though? If it is also 60mm then a 75mm throttle body is a waste of our cash.
It is the same size as a stock TB. I enlarged the opening on my plenum after RC Engineering enlarged my TB. There is plenty of metal and could easily be enlarged to fit 75mm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
Not used

What years are you talking about? I checked used prices on TB's for Q45's and depending on the year they're from $75 to $175. Probably not too much more than buying a 3S one and having it bored. So, do we know what year(s) will fit? I'd be glad to try this out if I know for sure it will fit and see if I have any performance gains. I'm guessing the plenum opening needs to be enlarged to make any difference. What tools are commonly used for this?
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top