Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Ex-Owner
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I allready know the jap vr4's came with 13g's standard. I also just found out that you could get a vr-4 with automatic. Do they still make then in japan? pics? what other things are only on the japaneese (SP?) models? any different options?

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
They did not come with 13Gs. That rumor has finally been put to rest.

The VR4 (GTO TT) was never available in automatic either. There was a non turbo AWD automatic model available as the GTO SR. You could swap that driveline into the GTO TT, but nobody knows if it would hold the power of a TT engine.

They're no longer in production. Worldwide production ended with the 99 model year. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar. If they still disagree, ask for PROOF.

Visually they're the same except for some minor details like sidmarker lights. The interior is almost identical too, aside from being right hand drive.

·
The Wizard Of Aaahhhhh's
1,596 Posts
Gatecrasher said:
Visually they're the same except for some minor details like sidmarker lights. The interior is almost identical too, aside from being right hand drive.
Another cool thing that the GTO's have is the middle gauge in the center 3 is a dual sweep (boost and temp) and in place of the normal temp gauge is a digital clock.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
KD4PWH said:

Another cool thing that the GTO's have is the middle gauge in the center 3 is a dual sweep (boost and temp) and in place of the normal temp gauge is a digital clock.
No, it's not that cool ... the Europeans have this too and it's as boring as the US versions. BTW, I think every japanese car has the steerign whel on the right side and this is definitely a difference !

·
Registered
683 Posts
I'd love to have a steering wheel on the right side. that would be so cool. Confuse everyone when you pull up next to them hehe. Then when you get pulled over for speeding and you were on the other side of the car, funny stuff.

·
Here Since 2000
3,707 Posts
GTO1994 said:
I'd love to have a steering wheel on the right side. that would be so cool. Confuse everyone when you pull up next to them hehe. Then when you get pulled over for speeding and you were on the other side of the car, funny stuff.

Ha haha

·
UK 98 3000GT TT
550 Posts
phreakerz said:
I heard the Japanese engines had lower compression.
Nope there the same engines, all they have done is turn the boost down to meat the jap road laws.

Also the GTO come with no percats at all, they just have a main cat.
They also come with an auto up for the windows.
An turn signal just behind the front wheels.
They do come with 9b turbos, “this I know as I have them”
They do come with an AWD and AWS Auto too.
And rumor has it that they come with cast iron shift rods.
And as said earlier they have a clock in the center gauges and the boost and temp on the same gauge

You can see pics of my one in my sig :)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
M pro said:

They also come with an auto up for the windows.
An turn signal just behind the front wheels.
I want auto up windows!
Does it have different fenders with spots for the signal or is it just cut out?

·
Registered
18,548 Posts
so does the downpipe bolt right up to the turbo or is there a pipe that is in place of the precat and it bolts up to a US spec downpipe?

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
The pre-cat housings are the same, but they don't have anything insaide and they lack the mounts for the O2 sensors.

·
Registered
18,548 Posts
the 02 bung is easy to put in. im wondering if it will flow better and smoother than a gutted cat.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I wonder if you could just reverse the polarity, and flip the switch around for auto up windows? I've always wondered why so many cars have auto down, rather than auto up? The latter makes a lot more sense to me.

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
Auto-up would be too much liability if a little kid stuck some body part in there. The switch cluster has a blank space where a resistor should go. I would think that would be enough to enable auto-up. I don't know enough about electronics to know which resistor to get, but I'd be willing to work with someone to find out what needs to be done.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Gatecrasher said:
They're no longer in production. Worldwide production ended with the 99 model year. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar. If they still disagree, ask for PROOF. V
:confused: I thought the gto was still being produced in japan only,do you have PROOF otherwise?

·
Open it up!
334 Posts
Auto up windows are actually a lot more expensive because they need sensing circuitry to sense if something is blocking the window, like a child's hand, and automatically reverse. The are available now - my wife's LX470 has them on all 4 windows.

Jeff

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
I thought the gto was still being produced in japan only,do you have PROOF otherwise?
Yeah, look around and you'll notice the GTO is no longer listed as a current model on any of Mitsubishi's international websites. Same with the FTO. There's also a text reference in Gran Turismo 3 that states that "production of the GTO and FTO ended in August 2000"

·
Registered
155 Posts
EGR

The j-spec also got rid of the EGR.....JC

·
Registered
557 Posts
Gatecrasher said:

Yeah, look around and you'll notice the GTO is no longer listed as a current model on any of Mitsubishi's international websites. Same with the FTO. There's also a text reference in Gran Turismo 3 that states that "production of the GTO and FTO ended in August 2000"
Ah so...thanks for da PROOF!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts