Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at single carbon and twin carbon clutches on DR..
is twin disc worth the extra 1100 bucks? I'm thinking about getting it with DR650s and fuel mods, would I not need the twin disc with just that mod...? and it's gonna be my everyday car....anyone know if the single disc carbon lasts more than RPS MAX 6 puck on street use..? cuz I heard they only get like 7000 miles? and one more thing....anyone know the weight of the flywheel that comes with those clutches?

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
Difference is in power holding capability. The Single is good for around 600hp and the double around 1000hp. The people have reported that the doubles make a little noise and are just like stock in pedal pressure. The singles are a little harder in pressure then stock. The singles is 1495 on sale at AAM the double 2495 at AAM. They last a long time supposedly and cost about $300 per plate to get them rebuilt, so its much cheaper then the regular clutches after about two rebuilds (if you even need them). It comes with an a light flywheel as well. THerefore, compare a StageIII clutch+ flywheel = $1000 and has a life of around 10k-25k to the single carbon which (we have no factual info yet) should last at least double that for an extra $495+ you have one less $500-800 labor charge to install, it makes perfect sense to me.

Sam

·
No longer a 3/S owner.
3,402 Posts

its about 200 per plate for rebuild, and the holding capacity is in ft/lbs of torque, the information above is excellent....basically if you think you'll make more than 600 ft./lbs of torque then you need to look at the twin...DR650s would be capable of it but you'd need a good amount of boost to do so

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
thanks for the corrections, I was going to do an edit on my post since I wasn't sure if it was $200 or 300 for rebuild and if it was hp or Ft/lbs. Basically if the double is ft/lbs, our car will never hit 1000ft/lbs. I bet AAMs car isn't even 600ft/lbs of torque.

Sam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.