Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is in reference to diefenbach15's selling post here:

91 3000gt sl garage kept. $4950

I corresponded with him by phone and email about the car. I knew the car had a salvage title and that it was caught in a flood by Hurricane Irene (inland, not coastal). He was great to deal with so I decided to go for it. I flew down to Greenville, NC after work and got there about 11:45pm. When I walked outside the airport, he was there to meet me with the car and his father. I felt extremely comfortable with them both. His father was an extremely personable man, you could see he was there for his son's well being, not knowing who "this stranger" was flying in. When he asked me if I wanted to take the car for a test drive, I simply said I trusted everything his son has told me as being the truth and never even bothered.
They followed me to a gas station so I could top it off and gave me directions to get to I95 and away I went.

Not only does the car look new, it ran perfect! I had perfect driving conditions right up until I hit West Virginia and then ran into an ice/hail storm which was crazy! The car was literally encased in 1/2" of ice. In fact, the antenna couldn't even go down because of the ice. Most of the driving at that point was at 30 mph or less and then I finally hit PA...which was worse! The slush caused multiple accidents but surprisingly, that damn SL I was driving plugged away and made it through even the worst driving conditions.

The entire trip should of taken me 12 hours but ended up taking 16.5. The car made the 800 mile trip without issue. Only once did I get concerned when it felt like I lost power but then I quickly realized, I shifted from 2nd into 5th! LOL! Hey, I haven't driven a standard in over 15 years so yeah, I stalled it about 5 times on the way back :D

diefenbach15 was perfect to deal with and the car was everything that he said. I am just amazed that this car did not sell earlier. When I got home, everyone was shocked at the condition of the car, it literally looks new.

Thanks diefenbach15 and tell your father thank you also. I was a pleasure meeting you both!

·
Premium Member
2,866 Posts
Bam Bam,

Thanks for the great write up! It would be great if we saw more success stories here, instead of all the negative stuff that happens!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With all the negativity in the seller thread, I thought I'd chime in and say, "3.5 years later and the car is still running flawlessly. It's my daily driver and has not let me down for a single moment. Very dependable car and a pleasure to drive."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts