Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a model of a yellow 1st gen. Did they ever make one??

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,118 Posts
As far as I know, no, they did not. I believe it was a 2nd gen colour only, and only for a couple years.

·
'91 & '92 VR4s + '99SL
544 Posts
I've seen a '98 VR4 in pearl yellow, so I guess it carried on to the 3rd gen, depending on what you call a '98.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Two years back when I was in Hunt for my VR4, I saw an ad of a 93 VR4 which was Yellow, I believe it was NOT the factory paint. The Pearl Martinique Yellow was offered in 94 and 95 as of my understanding.

·
'91 & '92 VR4s + '99SL
544 Posts
YellowBird said:
Two years back when I was in Hunt for my VR4, I saw an ad of a 93 VR4 which was Yellow, I believe it was NOT the factory paint. The Pearl Martinique Yellow was offered in 94 and 95 as of my understanding.
Well, I can assure you that it was available on a '98. The one I saw knocked me out and it was a factory paint job. I offered to buy the car on the spot and while the guy wasn't exactly a 3/S officionado, he didn't want to hear from me about entertaining offers to sell it. I gave him my card and told him if he ever changed his mind to give me a call. I doubt I will ever hear from him, though my offer still stands.

·
3.2.1.....Go!
2,370 Posts
I am almost positive that it was only available on 94 & 95's. There were around 300-400 in 94 and only 42 in 95's (VR-4 models). I saw a website that listed all the paint options by years with # produced because I was searching for a silver VR-4 before I found my yellow one. The gentleman may have gotten the Mitsu dealer to paint it Pearl Martinique Yellow.

·
'91 & '92 VR4s + '99SL
544 Posts
Nope, I asked him about that and he assured me that he ordered it that way and he waited and waited for delivery. I looked the car over pretty good. The door sills, engine bay, etc. It most certainly came that way from the factory.

As I said, I was knocked out by it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Nope!

I believe Pearl Martinique Yellow was the only shade Mitsu used for 3000GT. The Stealth Yellow looks slightly different (more Pearly).

·
Registered
653 Posts
QuickVR-4:

Do you have that website with the figures of #'s of paint jobs etc.
I want to find out how many of my car there are, I dont think there are very many Sandstone Grey VR-4's.

·
3.2.1.....Go!
2,370 Posts
Gabe - I could only find an old FAQ that listed through 95 only without numbers. You may want to post a thread or do a search for more complete info. Hope this helps:
1991 colors:
* Jet Black
* Firestorm Red
* Mystic Blue
* Artic White (on Stealth and ES only)
* Pearl White (on Stealth R/T and turbo only)
* Black Cherry metallic
*Another greenish-blue color

1992 colors:
* Jet Black
* Firestorm Red
* Emerald Green
* Sandstorm Metallic (a kind of tan-gray-sand color)
* Mystic Blue
* Artic White (on Stealth and ES only)
* Pearl White (on Stealth R/T and turbo only)

1993 colors:
* Jet black
* Firestorm Red
* Emerald Green
* Mediun Green (Stealth and ES only)
* Pearl Blue
* white
* Pearl White (R/T and turbo only)
* Dark Gray Metallic

1994 colors:

*Jet Black
*Firestorm Red
*Emerald Green Pearl Coat
*Medium Green (Stealth and Stealth R/T only)
*Dark Blue Pearl
*Brilliant White
*Grayish White Pearl (Stealth and Stealth R/T only)
*Tinted Silver Metallic
*Pearl Yellow (Stealth R/T Luxury and Stealth R/T Turbo only)

1995 colors:

*Panama Green Pearl
*Sorrento Red Pearl (3000GT SL and VR-4 only)
*Martinique Yellow Pearl
*Caracas Red
*Sable Black
*Danube Blue Pearl
*Glacier White Pearl

·
In charge
1,814 Posts
1994 colors:

*Jet Black
*Firestorm Red
*Emerald Green Pearl Coat
*Medium Green (Stealth and Stealth R/T only)
*Dark Blue Pearl
*Brilliant White
*Grayish White Pearl (Stealth and Stealth R/T only)
*Tinted Silver Metallic
*Pearl Yellow (Stealth R/T Luxury and Stealth R/T Turbo only)

Something isn't right with the list. My 94 VR4 is Glacier Peal White according to my window sticker.

·
3.2.1.....Go!
2,370 Posts
Like I said earlier, this was all I could find. I know that someone on the board has a complete list of colors with # produced.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's odd, dealer told me my '92 was Monza Red???:confused:

·
Boost Junkie
945 Posts
according to my sticker my 94 base 3000GT is Zurich White :confused:

·
This space for rent.
3,009 Posts
If you are confused as to what the factory calls the color of your car, just locate the paint code in the door sill of your car and call the parts department of your local dealer and have the parts guy look it up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts