Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
W*** Member #031
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think I installed the mbc wrong. I read all the different post about it and since people install it so many different ways...I'm all mixed up now. The way I have it there is nothing at all going into the stock boost solenoid and its not cap'd off. I cap'd off one hoses on the h connector and one going into the back of the engine - think it was the one that went into the h connector. The boost controller is between one line on the h connector and then goes into the y pipe. I had it running 12lbs of boost but it is back down to 9 or so. I was running 10 stock which i thought was a little high for a 92 tt, but Im dont know the totally history of the car.
Thanks Mike

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Not sure if you've got it right since I dont have a MBC but an EBC (EVC IV) instead. But i'd imagine the vacuum lines would be pretty much the same right? Same concept, just a different type of controller.

If you're really stumped and want to see the diagram for my EBC to determine where the vacuum lines are going, let me know, I can fax them to you or email them to you.

BTW - when did you get a TT? I'm in SE Wisc too. Met most of the 3si guys from the area at the Greenfield Park gathering in Sept. but you weren't there...

·
W*** Member #031
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I had to work...as usual. Let me know if you want to get together sometime soon...maybe with rob too.
Later, mike

·
W*** Member #031
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it has 193k but has newer turbos, new transfer case, new tranny, and new clutch. Had it checked out today again by the mechanic (my brother-in-law, pays to have hookups) and he said almost everything on the car either looks perfect or is brand new. Thing pulls like a rabid ape. Spins all 4 tires and wheel hops all through first gear....a car like this should be illegal.
Later Mike

·
peopleofwalmart.com
1,709 Posts
Take your mbc off the car and blow through it.
It should be extremely easy for stock psi.
It should be easy for 13-16 psi.
It should be hard for 18 psi and up.

Then once it is where you want to start, I started at stock, install it.
The part opposite the screw adjustment should be the input and should be attached to the y-pipe.
The other end, the output should be connected to the H which connects to the wastegates and the last barb is capped.

Then use an aftermarket guage that is attached to a t in the line hooked from the nipple on the throttlebody to the fuel pressure regulator solenoid.

I used a little race gas, took my wrenches needed for adjustment, and made some 3rd gear pulls.
Adjusting out for less boost, and in for more boost.

Once I hit 15 psi I locked it in.
I then pulled a few 1/4 mile runs and called it good.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
off topic question! how or what did you use to cap off the lines? I'm getting ready to install one! I need to cap off the nozzels on the ypipe.

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
you should have the line from the Y-pipe going into the inlet side of the MBC and the outlet line running down in by the rear turbo....

Kdog,
to tell you the truth its easier to buy 2 T connector and replace the H connectors so you dont have to cap any of the lines off...just remove them...

·
W*** Member #031
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here are those pics
Brakes on

Lights on and no brakes

No lights

I would do it with an RT but I would have to do a different design since its so much more narrow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.