Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Pacific Islander
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering which are the right wires to use? which colors and such? I dont know which wires i should cut, my other wires were fine because i just used my old security system and cut and placed them right to my new one. i just finished everything else except for the remote door unlock/lock.

thxz

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Take the door panel off on the drivers side, locate the door lock module. Now scrape a bit of plastic off each of the 3 wires that plug into the module (I'm sorry, I was in there about a month ago, but I don't remember the colors). Use a multimeter to get readings when you activate the door lock/unlock buttons. When a wire goes neg. when you flip a switch (lock/unlock) you'll know which control you've tapped into. Now, splice into this wire with the appropriate keyless remote wire from the alarm. You may also have to wire into a ground, or a power source depending on your alarm, but I'm sure you're instructions explain this.
Hope this helps, good luck, and keep us posted!

·
Pacific Islander
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Diablo- I have more than three wires running into the module. I think it controls power windows or something, which of these are the right wires? do i need relays in the door ? or are there wires underneath the dash that i can work with ?

-kidzero-

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Separate the door controls from the window controls, and it should make sense when you unplug them. Just unplug 1, and test if it was the door or the window. Start from there.

·
Pacific Islander
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can i get your email address. i have a couple more questions. one of them is did you install your relays underneath the dash on in the door?? and if in the door how did you run a wire to your door?

mine is [email protected]
thxz for the help
im stuck on the problem right now

does brown/blue and brown/white sound familiar?

i dunno if those are the right ones

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Hi, you can reach me at [email protected] , and I can try to help you with this more offline. unfortunately, I probably wont be able to give you the wire colors (unless I take my door off again on the weekend, which I may,), but try not to rely on this, because manufacturers tend to be very inconsistent about them. The best way to is trace them all the way through. I didn't install any door relays. I installed an aftermarket keyless remote module, under the dash, and ran the wires through the door jamb and spliced into the lock module.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts