Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a detailed guide or have a link on how to check the gear timing?

i cannot find a valid guide where pictures are working nor a good quality video where the video isn't made in the early 00's with 240p resolution..

i know what to look for already. the triangles on the two gears at the top and the notch on the bottom.

need detailed diy on how to get there WITHOUT removing the whole engine. i will gladly pay anyone some beer money to make a detailed recording of this while the motor is in the vehicle. what needs to come off first, second, third, etc.. to checking it.. lining it up and how to adjust it if one tooth is skipped, etc.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What exactly are you looking for? You can see all of this with the engine in the car and the timing covers and crank removed
what needs to come off first, second, third, etc.. to checking it.. lining it up and how to adjust it if one tooth is skipped, etc.

not just ok you remove alternator, mount, this, that, then you do this, then that, that this screw...

like an actual step by step picture or better video of each step you took. and obviously how to adjust just one tooth like if the bottom cam is off by one tooth, how to adjust it, etc..

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
2,358 Posts
Edit: Post removed because reference was just to complicated for simply checking timing marks.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
If anything needs adjusted you are in for a treat.

1991 Stealth RT/TT: Timing Belt Replacement

Try that link. You have to do a few of these steps but definitely not all. Take a look at it.The main things are the timing covers, front drivers side wheel, crank pulley. That will allow you to view all the timing marks.

17,467 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
If anything needs adjusted you are in for a treat.

1991 Stealth RT/TT: Timing Belt Replacement

Try that link. You have to do a few of these steps but definitely not all. Take a look at it.The main things are the timing covers, front drivers side wheel, crank pulley. That will allow you to view all the timing marks.
This is pretty old, but really helped me back in 2005!

This is a freakin great resource!! I wish I found this the first time I did mines. I cannot believe I was not able to find this on google or linked here at all prior to doing mines. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts