Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a problem where my boost doesn't go above 10 psi...with my MBC all the way turned up, well it does sometimes, when I downshift, but not in 1/4 mile.....would it hold more boost if I get a denso fuel pump and bigger injectors?

·
i don't even know...
2,245 Posts
i still had my plugs ungapped when i dropped in my ebc, and could run 14-15 psi, with spark cut only at the top end, even ran 17+ psi (woops solenoid hose blew off)... definately sounds like your prob is a loose hose somewheres. look around before you start slingin cash.

·
Hellfire Master
2,666 Posts
You should check your wastegate actuator arms and make sure they are fully closed. You could try unplugging your boost controller solenoid and then going for a quick spin to see if you can get more than 10lbs of boost. But BE CAREFUL. With the wastegate hoses unplugged your turbos will build boost until the gates are forced open, which is most likely more boost than your car can handle. Take it slow and easy and watch your boost guage.

devilmanVISA

·
Premium Member
5,975 Posts
Pressurize your intake and listen for the leaks. Maybe an intercooler has a hole, or maybe a loose clamp is preventing you from going any higher.

Resizing the plug gap isn't the problem. My factory turbos could handle 14.5 psi no problems with stock gaps. Only once in a while did they miss at 5000+ rpms. So it's definately not the plugs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts