Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad to have to report this as I was hoping it wouldn't come to it... I've just started the Paypal dispute process with Deft Racing.

I got ahold of them with very little trouble back in the last week of April, and decided that much like their responses to recent threads about them that they must have just been busy... They gave me a 6 week lead time, so after a couple more questions back and forth via email, I pulled the trigger and placed an order on their site. Fast forward 6 weeks... I still haven't heard from them, there's no shipping info on the paypal activity, and all 3 emails I have for them (Bill's, the one on the website, AND the one linked to their paypal) are bouncing back as undeliverable - no such user. Thinking this must be a email outage their experiencing and it'll be fixed soon, I gave them a couple more weeks... emailing at least once, usually a couple times a week since. Still the emails bounce back.

Since they don't have a phone number, and no email, and no facebook activity (I've never gotten any response from them there) I don't see any other choice. If anyone knows Bill or someone at Deft PLEASE let them know about this... this is not the path I want to go down but if they can't be bothered to keep their company's ONLY line of communication open then I don't know what else I can do.

:-/

·
Cow man moo?
1,966 Posts
I bought my hood first week of july last year. I got my hood at my house in october.

I had DOZONS of e-mails to them go unanswered.

Good luck man. It does suck to have to go that route tho.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Deft promptly refunded me once they saw the dispute. Apparently they're in the process of changing email servers, and it hasn't gone smoothly. They're also still swamped with orders and seem to be on a backlog.

Communication could have been better and hopefully it will be improved from here on out. Looking forward to hopefully doing business with them again soon.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm still waiting on the hood I ordered September 21st, 2017. Communication is absolutely horrible. They asked for my phone number when I emailed, I was expecting to receive a call but it's been radio silence since. It's good to know they refunded you promptly though.

·
Spd Kills your bank acc.
1,148 Posts
Communication is horrible. I tried to buy a hood last august from him and ended up using paypal refund the last week I could. Once I requested the refund it was quick.

He did say that he was having issues with his supplier and not sure if this ever got cleaned up.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This saddens me to hear. I really like the top secret hood... and there really aren't any other that will flow well with my Kaze widebody fenders which have similarly styled vents. The only other one that was close was C7/Cianci's 599 hood... which only ever came in fiberglass, is out of production, and would probably take 2-3x longer than waiting for Deft even if Cianci was still making them.

·
Cow man moo?
1,966 Posts
i have my hood still.. in the box. not painted. waiting for install.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts