Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Daughter Board on 92 GTO TT ECU

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Roger G. 
#1 ·
I have had a few of these ECU's through for repair, but we have just broken a GTO which had one in so I thought I would do a bit of research and see if I can find any info on it, or more precisely if I can get the hardware/software to reflash it.

Has anyone on here come across these before or got any info on them?

Numbers are: 95205163848
There is also another one located directly under this one on the other side of the board.

Numbers on these are: Japan 9518 00007SS5 PGM 12.5V HN27C256HGJ-85

View of the daughter board from the side showing how it connects to the ECU.

It would be great to be able to reflash these or better still if they are a viable option find who manufactured them.

Russ

See less See more
#6 ·
Read out an EPROMs (both carry the same code but the CPU adresses only half of each) and load it into a mapping software. You'll find the ignition and fuel map easily. Note that there is only one map as the software is not switchign between the two maps anymore.

You'll be very happy with changing the maps, burning EPROMS, getting out the ECU, opening the ECU, replacing the ERPOMS, reinstalling the ECU and then do a testdrive to see what has changed. If you have an EPROM emulator then use this so you can change the contents on the fly. Once the best setting has been found you can burn the PROMs.

Good luck :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.