·
Premium Member
6,022 Posts

·
Registered
1991 VR4
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
how do i order this set up?? I have a 93 stealth TT that i would like to use this on...
Order from BlackStealth as he linked above. I would read all my instructional posts as well, just so you are aware that you need more than just the CANBUS device to get all of the data/sensors i have (boost pressure, wideband, oil temp, oil pressure are all sensors you need to add to the car if you want those parameters). Highly recommend this device though.

Reactions: dfoster101

·
Registered
949 Posts
Order from BlackStealth as he linked above. I would read all my instructional posts as well, just so you are aware that you need more than just the CANBUS device to get all of the data/sensors i have (boost pressure, wideband, oil temp, oil pressure are all sensors you need to add to the car if you want those parameters). Highly recommend this device though.
Seconded. The Blackstealth box has inputs for the sensors jrhorne mentioned. Trust me, it's the best mod you can do, hands down. It's like having diagnostics hooked up whenever you drive.

Reactions: dfoster101

·
Registered
1991 VR4
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Forgot to post before, but here's a screenshot of my new setup after adding the oil sensors. Note you need to customize each gauge for the min/max values, number of decimal places, display type, display size, etc. I highly recommend the 'graph' style display for knock as it is the only one that shows historical values, so its easy to see if you get any knock during a pull since the instantaneous values don't immediately disappear.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Forgot to post before, but here's a screenshot of my new setup after adding the oil sensors. Note you need to customize each gauge for the min/max values, number of decimal places, display type, display size, etc. I highly recommend the 'graph' style display for knock as it is the only one that shows historical values, so its easy to see if you get any knock during a pull since the instantaneous values don't immediately disappear.
Never even thought of that with the knock. Just changed mine.

·
Lovbyts
4,164 Posts

View attachment 290616
Love the layout but I cant find Knock on my Torque pro.
I found this helpful YouTube but still dont see the option for Mitsubishi or did you do a custom somehow?

I think I figured it out, like you said changing the min/max and it my case I had to close the app and re open for it to show up with the new numbers.

I dont have a wideband either so how should I set my O2 monitoring?

·
Registered
1991 VR4
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Love the layout but I cant find Knock on my Torque pro.
I found this helpful YouTube but still dont see the option for Mitsubishi or did you do a custom somehow?

I think I figured it out, like you said changing the min/max and it my case I had to close the app and re open for it to show up with the new numbers.

I dont have a wideband either so how should I set my O2 monitoring?
Check BlackStealth's main thread or PM him for the user manual, i think the custom PIDs are in there. You need to input/load them into the Torque app. It's been many years since i set it up, but let me know if this isnt enough info to figure it out.

Reactions: Paul H.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If it’s at all helpful to anyone there’s a website, datazap.me which is free and allows one to take logs out of Torque Pro upload into the site and present the data pretty easily as something everyone is familiar with. Beats doing the excel dance. Been doing this for my Montero. Thanks for a great product @BlackStealth Really enjoying the clarity and simplicity.

cheers

poorman

·
Registered
1991 VR4
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
I use datazap for my 335i datalogs, but if you are doing your own tuning, its easier to plots things vs. RPM (like AFR vs RPM etc) - this is especially true if using SAFCII. More sophisticated tuning software will have its own logging/displays.

You can easily build an excel template then just paste data in to autoplot, or use something like matlab. Datazap is great though for a free/automated way to glance at things.

·
Registered
1991 VR4
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
@jrhorne which wired USB adapter did you ultimately settle on? And have you used it with a laptop and either HHH or Evoscan in OBD2?

I tried following some of the links but they were all expired.

cheers

poorman
Unforunately i cant see my ebay orders from that long ago... it was just a cheap one from ebay. There is a specific chipset that you need. If its not in my earlier posts, BlackStealth will know. I have not tried it with anything besides torque, but i heard it will work with a laptop.

·
Premium Member
6,022 Posts
For USB adapter you're looking for an "ELM327 USB adapter with FTDI chipset". The FTDI chipset is so it works with an android device / and Torque app.

HHH and Evoscan software requires a different cable.

·
Registered
949 Posts
For USB adapter you're looking for an "ELM327 USB adapter with FTDI chipset". The FTDI chipset is so it works with an android device / and Torque app.

HHH and Evoscan software requires a different cable.
OBDLink LX OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for Android and Windows

·
Premium Member
6,022 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,022 Posts
A new deluxe version is now available. It add 9 additional analog inputs, at an extra cost.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts