Discussion Starter #1
Timing: lower 20s degrees
rougly 18-25 degrees
air intake temp: 115
coolant temp: 186
O2: .92 (both)
nears .88 @ redline
Speed: 131

I use my friends Palm logger, we had a problem trying to safe the charts I will do some more runs in a few days, but for now, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
You should have measured knock also. Fuel looks good.
How much boost were you running? Is that log from a 3rd gear pull all the way to redline, then to 4th gear?
My timing is ususlly in the mid to upper 30's during WOT, but that is the number that the logger is reporting, not actual timing. (at least that's what I have read)
I usually log RPM, Knock, Timing, Airflow, Injector P/W, Throttle Position, Coolant Temp Accel Enrich and O2 Trim.
I usually notice that I only get knock when the coolant temp goes above 190. I do have an alkie kit, so that helps keep the knock lower. I also notice that knock counts below 13 really doesn't retard timing very much at all. 15 and above affect timing quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Doh!!!! :p

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
J92RT/TT said:
You should have measured knock also. Fuel looks good.
How much boost were you running? Is that log from a 3rd gear pull all the way to redline, then to 4th gear?
My timing is ususlly in the mid to upper 30's during WOT, but that is the number that the logger is reporting, not actual timing. (at least that's what I have read)
I usually log RPM, Knock, Timing, Airflow, Injector P/W, Throttle Position, Coolant Temp Accel Enrich and O2 Trim.
I usually notice that I only get knock when the coolant temp goes above 190. I do have an alkie kit, so that helps keep the knock lower. I also notice that knock counts below 13 really doesn't retard timing very much at all. 15 and above affect timing quite a bit.
ha-ha you forgot about the OBII :D that was 15 PSI of boost and yes a 3rd gear pull all the way to 4th gear, anymore info is appreciated it.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Blackbird002 said:

ha-ha you forgot about the OBII :D that was 15 PSI of boost and yes a 3rd gear pull all the way to 4th gear, anymore info is appreciated it.
There's an OBII version also?haha:) I did forget about the OBDII, but wasn't aware of the OBII:D :D

·
Senior Fanatic
6,011 Posts
Since you can't log knock counts, strive for a 0.94-0.96 v O2 at WOT. I found knock increases ALOT at higher boost (15-18 psi for me) when O2 v is below 0.90 and is minimized when O2 is ~0.96 v. If you can hear the knock you are definitely in the danger zone.

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
Yep...a little lean. Maybe your O2 sensors are going bad? :confused: It should be 0.94-0.96V. Hows your gas mileage?

Timing looks good. 18-25 is normal. Did you timing increase proportionally with RPM? If timing ever hangs or (god-forbid) starts to drop at WOT then the computer is definitely pissed and pulling timing.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Hey Jimmy....

Good to hear the car i back up and running again man;).....did you ever fix the problem with your other datalogger???....Also did you friend palm logger show a graffic like other datalogger if you're using Laptop???

Remember my problem with shift fast at WOT when were racing??? I need to find out what cause the car to studder,i'm thinking it might be dumping too much fuel everytime the throttle close because of the 720cc injectors with the 550cc chip in the VPC.Any way i need to figure that out so let me know man;)

Take care:)

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Ok so my understanding is that the datalogger in and the pocketlogger are only available for '90-'93's and '97-'99s ... is this correct? I have a '94 and have been getting the impression I have kind of been shafted because I would love to have some datalogging. (so I guess this means I'm hoping someone here will tell me that I'm wrong and tell me where to get one) :D

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
You can get dataloggers for 91-93 and 96-99 3/S's from aftermarket sources for <$175. The 94's and 95's have dataloggers...but you have to buy them from Mitsubishi for some ungodly amount of money. I think they're over $2,000.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
That's not so encouraging. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts