Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
curt93T/T
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I boosted about 20 psi on pump gas because one of the hoses going to my boost controller motor came off. Well last night when I was doing a "U" turn on HWY 378/76 I nail it because there's cars coming. Well naturally I am all sideways and the car is bucking, coughing, and vibrating!! Ilook back and see all the carbon smoke from the tail pipes (it's 8:30 p.m.). WHen I look forward I notice a red light flashing from my boost gauge. I hit the memory button and it's sitting at about 1.8 bar!!! I'm thinking that maybe it just spiked, but the car is not running smooth. I checked the EGT gauge and it never went above 880c, so I don't believe I actually hit 1.8. I found that same hose came off, so I know that I went well above the set 15 psi. The cars reaction and the fact that the boost controller can't regulate boost with that hose off leads me to believe that a minimum I hit 20psi! Before I drive it again my ass is buying a worm clamp!!!!!

·
curt93T/T
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tomorrow I am getting 2 worm clamps! If there's no damage to my engine I'm going to count my blessings. When I go downtown this afternoon I am going to see if I left any tire marks:).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts