Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Suck Machine
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Man, I think I've hit just about every auto classifieds site on the internet. All the biggies like carpoint, autotrader.com had netted me absolutely nothing!

I'm looking for:

1. 1992-1993 Red or White Stealth TT.
2. Less than 100k miles.
3. Must have a sunroof.
4. Must be all original (wheels, radio, etc) and be in excellent condition.
5. Hopefully located in the Southeast, but will travel up to 600 miles or so.

Please, if you know of such a car, or own such a car and want to get rid of it let me know. I've looked all over the place and am starting to get impatient!!!! It wouldn't be so bad, but I've wanted a twin turbo car for 4 years, now that I can get one I can't find one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still looking and looking and looking.......

Todd Baugh
Future stealth owner!

·
Registered
632 Posts
It's a ways from you, but there is a '93 TT for sale here in Idaho.
White, 140K miles. I saw the car. Nice, looked all orginal.
Asking price is $7000.00. If you are interested I'll get a
phone #.

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
Don't sweat the little things like radio and wheels. Both of those are easily changed for cheap. I'll soon have a car stereo shop open here in Milledgeville and you're welcome to deep discounts :)

And yes, I do plan to offer custom fiberglass sub boxes for our cars, plain or loaded with a sub and amp. JBL baybee!

Oh, and I get my (pearl white, 62k mile, with sunroof - just rubbing it in :) ) car back this weekend with a <b>new</b> tranny and transfer case. It's only been away 3 months!

How's this one I found?

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/printable.jtmpl?car_id=72818713&dealer_id=&message_type=link&link_type=PHONE&type=phone&&certified=n&max_price=&start_year=1992&end_year=1993&ac_afflt=none&address=31061&car_year=1992&search_type=used&make=DODGE&model=STEAL&min_price=&distance=200&advcd_on=n&advanced=n

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts

·
Whatever Man
2,678 Posts
Nice Z. I used to have an 82 N/A 280. Best first car I could have had. I miss having T Tops.

·
Head of Society of Bob
3,889 Posts
Just to add another whine

I know the feeling, Todd. I'm in the same boat; been looking for about 3 years, hit every single car site on the internet, and I'm still driving a stinkin' Saturn. :mad:

here's a nice turbo I noticed the other day in MS. It's blue, but still very nice looking. 80k miles, leather, not too far from you.
<A HREF="http://www.getauto.com/search/car_detail.cfm?cvin=JB3XE74C8NY056016&dealer_id=AACQ%5B">92 Dodge Stealth Turbo</A>

Comment on the sunroof: I too was exclusively looking for cars with the big factory roof, but I found out that for just a few hundred dollars I can put in an aftermarket roof that's as big or bigger than the factory one. Plus it wouldn't have that god-awful fugly crank on it. :cool: Just food for thought. I know I passed up a beautiful car that was exactly what I was looking for because it didn't have a roof, though.

Btw, if you come across any 93 R/T non-turbos with leather and 5spd., any color except green and red, I'd appreciate a heads-up. :D

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,116 Posts
How much are you guys looking to spend?

·
Registered
682 Posts

·
Head of Society of Bob
3,889 Posts
for me, about 5-6k. on the low end, yes, but not unreasonable for a 9 year old non-turbo.

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
I dunno about the sunroof. There's nothing better than one with the drip well and perfectly curved to match your roof. There are nice aftermarket sunroofs out there but nothing better than the stocker. It's the nicest feature on these cars.

Bob -

You won't have any trouble finding a NT for your price. A friend of mine got a 93 TT for $6500 that's immaculate.

·
Super Suck Machine
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
akira410 said:
How much are you guys looking to spend?
Well, the blue book on a 92-93 Stealth TT with low miles is about $10,500, i can spend up to $12-13kish depending on the car. Ready to buy, just can't find one.

Like I said, I only want a car that fits the above description, although I may consider a blue one if it fits my other criteria. I know most people think it's being picky, but this is the first time in 4 years that I've been in the position to actually go out and get a car this expensive so I want to be perfectly happy with the result. I've used almost every single internet place I can find to search for one of these cars. I can tell you one thing, not alot of 92's have the sunroof and the ones that do are green, lot of green ones out there! I know the sunroof thing is hurting me, but I just have to have exactly what I want, I don't want to settle after plain out drooling over a supercar for 4 years. How can I wait 4 years and not get one, simple...I couldn't afford it!

Back to searching and pulling my hair out!

·
Head of Society of Bob
3,889 Posts
I agree - the factory roofs are pretty nice. They're just so damn hard to find! Apparently, people didn't start really wanting them until the 2nd gen.

I found out a while ago that the opening is only like 15x33", and I can find a bunch of electric spoiler roofs bigger than that, even several that are removable too. And, they come with a warrenty. If you're locked into a factory roof, though, that's cool too.

Btw, can anyone can give me exterior dimensions of the roof on a Stealth? I want to know how big of a sunroof can physically fit.

John M - I thought I wouldn't have much trouble either....but all the one's I like are either $12k or 1500 miles away. :(

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
hey bob, where did you find a sunroof for $300???? I thought to get those things installed would be upwards of $900, but i never really looked.

By the way, i'm in college station too.

·
Head of Society of Bob
3,889 Posts
The cheaper non-power pop-up roofs like the factory ones are pretty cheap - they range from $200 to $500 installed. The power spoiler roofs are more expensive - from $500 to $1000 installed.

There may be cheaper or more expensive ones out there, but this is one of the sites I've been looking at
<A HREF="http://www.donmar.com">Donmar sunroofs</A>

·
Super Suck Machine
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, i'm kinda into the whole factory sunroof thing. I don't know, I know it's hurting my chances, but I've got to be perfectly happy with my choice. I don't feel i'm being too specific, i'm sure there is one out there somewhere just waiting on me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts