Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, quick summary.

New cross drilled/slotted rotors+semimetallic brake pads (with 10K miles on them)=squeaky brakes

New cross drilled/slotted rotors+brand new organic pads = squeaky brakes

What the hell? I know its not my sensors, and its pretty damn loud.

Rear pads are fine. How come virgin pads and rotors are complaining like this???

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Get some brake quiet and spray it on the back of your pads... the stuff I used was bright blue and very sticky so be carefull where you spray it ;)
Basically you just coat the back of your pads and let them sit for about 10 min then put them back on. Voila no more noise. :)

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
Did you use the stock shims?? I know the stock pads have an anti-squeal paint already on the back with the shims.

Sam

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shim's?

sorry, no habla gearhead. :)

Are you referring to the two metal sheets that go in between the pistons, and the back of the brake pad? Yes I reused them, both of them. Was that a mistake?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
hehe.. when I changed my brakes me and the guy that helped me didn't notice those shims at first.. they were stuck to the pads. I think we put 1 of each back on and didn't know there were 2nd ones on each pad until after we were done. We put the brake quiet both between the pad and the shims, and on the back of the shims. No noise at all so far... it's been several thousand miles now.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Son of a BITCH! I'm gonna have to take those things off again?!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts