1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In my sig.

DR500 turbos 100 cfm higher than stock
Ric Gillis MBC 14 psi. worth every penny but not an EBC
Modified Stillen DP with no precats and a freeflow main cat added
K&N FIPK
TurboXS BOV cause stock is a crap

Next steps are better intercoolers, cat back exhaust and a good EBC. then i'm into fuel mods......

·
Registered
692 Posts
How did I miss your sig? Anyways I had a custom catback built for half the cost of the HKS,BORLA etc and it's great. I'm sure you have done your research but the i/c upgrade is not much bang for the buck either. You can get an AFC, Supra fuel pump, 450cc flow tested injectors from Buschur, and alcohol injection for less than the i/c upgrade alone and be running 18 psi. Something to think about.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
nope just the printout. They had'nt done a VR4 yet. Fairly new setup they had. looked nice and clean. guy said it was the fourth one the manufactureer had made. I'll post pics.
Nuck, good point. I just know how weak the stock IC's are.

edit. I was thinking more about a data logger. need to check into it more. i'll look see what OBD i have. My VR4's a 93 but i think it was made late 92. arg bet i have some whacky OBD 1 hybrid.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so my big questions are what's my flywheel HP and Torq, and what should i look at doing to improve my power.

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
I can't figure out that dang graph thingy. Is it saying your horsepower is only 290 or what? I'm lost.

·
Registered
264 Posts
im pretty sure its a reading of hp to the wheels...which sounds right.......crank would put him at almost 400 im guessing right??

·
Registered
330 Posts
Drivetrain loss is 20-25%

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Damn windows pissing me off. had to reinstall to get my memory stick reader working.

Graph is all to the wheels HP and Torq so I'd guess somewhere betwwen 35 and 360 HP at the crank. Which is just a guess. About what I expected, though higher would be nice.
Here's a shot of the Dyno.

·
racing is war
1,418 Posts
awd dyno in texas!!

Matt Monet when the car is up and running drag that beast down there and lets see what that monster puts down:D

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I may have been the first but the guys were cool and even suggested a VR4 Stealth TT day where everyone can get on the Dyno and see how they compare. Sounds like a fun day.

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
Nice!

Definatly go with a custom cat-back, S-AFC and atleast 450 injectors.

BTW, that car looks familiar;) :D

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
pics

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
I'm planning on heading down there in January. So did they seem to be pretty knowledgeable? Do they have a Wideband O2 sensor?

·
Puts Out On 1st Date !
6,344 Posts
What gear did you make the pulls in ?? I live in the area so I may need to check this out just to see what the PIG is laying down for numbers.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
don't know about an o2 sensor. They ran in third which was kinda extreme I thought. I have video of the speedo hitting 130 as he finishes a run.

·
Hellfire Master
2,666 Posts
Hey what's the name of this place? I live in college station and my parents live in fort worth. I will definately be making a visit there.

devilmanVISA

·
Registered
66 Posts
shop name

I did not know anybody in the dfw metroplex had a 4wd dyno please let us all know the location and shop name.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts