Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi after searching thru the forums I managed to stumble across a thread from ten years ago regarding a solution for the leaking cx racing throttle body. Does anyone know if this is still available to purchase as a repair kit? Or can anyone confirm the internal and external sizes of the required seals?
Cheers

· One fix at a time
9,760 Posts
I’ve never seen detailed enough information for specs on the parts including that original thread you checked. I highly doubt you’ll find anything. You may need to cut your losses and move on.

If you want a solid option that bolts on to our intake manifolds, the 2nd generation DSMs used the exact same sensors as our cars. A billet 70mm S90 TB works great but you will either need to do a FIAV delete to clear the valve cover or run a phenolic spacer on the TB to space it further away. The S90 is slightly taller than our TB.https://stmtuned.com/collections/1g-2g-dsm-eclipse-talon-laser-4g63-throtle-body/products/s90-billet-throttle-body-evo-123-dsm

Here’s a picture I have of it on a custom intake manifold I build and sell.

· Lovbyts
4,511 Posts
I’ve never seen detailed enough information for specs on the parts including that original thread you checked. I highly doubt you’ll find anything. You may need to cut your losses and move on.

If you want a solid option that bolts on to our intake manifolds, the 2nd generation DSMs used the exact same sensors as our cars. A billet 70mm S90 TB works great but you will either need to do a FIAV delete to clear the valve cover or run a phenolic spacer on the TB to space it further away. The S90 is slightly taller than our TB.https://stmtuned.com/collections/1g-2g-dsm-eclipse-talon-laser-4g63-throtle-body/products/s90-billet-throttle-body-evo-123-dsm

Here’s a picture I have of it on a custom intake manifold I build and sell.
How does that perform compared to stock? Looks like you 'might" be able to get to the rear spark plugs without removeing the plenum? That would be NICE.

· One fix at a time
9,760 Posts
How does that perform compared to stock? Looks like you 'might" be able to get to the rear spark plugs without removeing the plenum? That would be NICE.
I don’t quite know yet. I’ve got a number of them out there on turbo and non-turbo cars but just a few running so far so no results just yet. People have always requested access to the rear plugs and this one gives that. I know it’ll lose torque down low due to shorter runners but hopefully there’s some decent gains up top and if not it’s easy enough to design another one. I’m already almost finished with Brian’s style valley intake manifold.

· Lovbyts
4,511 Posts
I don’t quite know yet. I’ve got a number of them out there on turbo and non-turbo cars but just a few running so far so no results just yet. People have always requested access to the rear plugs and this one gives that. I know it’ll lose torque down low due to shorter runners but hopefully there’s some decent gains up top and if not it’s easy enough to design another one. I’m already almost finished with Brian’s style valley intake manifold.
What I really meant was how are they for every day street use. Not as in HP gains.

· One fix at a time
9,760 Posts
What I really meant was how are they for every day street use. Not as in HP gains.
The few that have their cars running seem to enjoy it. I’ll know more here in a few months when I can get my Haltech setup installed and tuned to see the before and after results for the volumetric efficiency difference. It’s not a significant drive difference like installing bigger/laggier turbos so I need to see some data to figure out what all is going on. Most guys just wanted to access the rear plugs and loved how much easier it was to work on the car. Here’s an installed picture.

· Lovbyts
4,511 Posts
The few that have their cars running seem to enjoy it. I’ll know more here in a few months when I can get my Haltech setup installed and tuned to see the before and after results for the volumetric efficiency difference. It’s not a significant drive difference like installing bigger/laggier turbos so I need to see some data to figure out what all is going on. Most guys just wanted to access the rear plugs and loved how much easier it was to work on the car. Here’s an installed picture.
Sounds good and thats pretty much what Im looking for also, ease of access to plugs and wires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts