Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw two lines connecting the automatic tranny to the radiator, they connect to the tranny on the top and one is farther forward than the other. Which do I cut to use as a feed line for my tranny cooler? I want to use the return line but which is which?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasn't really going to cut the lines.....I was just trying to describe what I wanted to do without a whole lot of extra explanation. 2 stage cooling is more efficient so thats why I wanted the tranny cooler after the radiator.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Run your tranny through the gears, then feel each of the hoses, the feed line is noticably hotter than the return.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Imetis.....thats a damn good idea.

Now any suggestions for mounting the tranny cooler? I was thinking of mounting it in front of the radiator like so many other people do but I dont know if this is a bad idea or not.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Yeah, I pulled that idea out of the instructions for a tranny cooler that I looked at. I haven't gotten one yet, but have given it some thought, and I think I want to put mine in one of the intercooler spots.

My total plan, (when I have tons of extra money that I don't know what to do with) is trans cooler in the driver side intercooler location, relocate the intake to the passenger side intercooler location, front mount intercooler, and a pair of turbos.

I will probably just punk out and buy a vr4 though. It will be much cheaper and I can finance it.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
True, vr4 would be a lot easier.

I was measuring for the cooler and was thinking of placing it on the passenger side area where the oil cooler on the vr4 is (actually its on the driver side). Any thoughts? I dont have the under belly plastic pieces for each side so air flow isnt going to be an issue.....I'm just wondering how I'm going to mount it there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts