Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Mommy says I'm special
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am planning an undertaking that will need a few skilled hands. I am planning on modeling every year 3000 AND stealth, as well as the spyders. I am also going to model many sets of rims. I am going to have a choice of body kits as well. I want to do this so people can see what their car would look like with that certain body kit on it, in 3D VIEW meaning rotate it and shit like that.

My problem is, I am good at modeling and stuff, but I am only ok in the website field and even poorer in the programming field.

I want to make a website that brings up a stock car depending on the year you get, then when you click on certain items like rims or a body kit it changes them in the 3d view so you can rotate it and thye are change appropriately. I need someone who would be willing to help me out in programming something like this. This is also going to help me alot for my portfolio.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The model creation will take a while so the programming could be planned out for a while. Thanks.

Oh yeah, I plan on having custom interior choices too.

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
I can probably take care of most of that... send me an IM sometime, my computer is usually on.

AIM: Goat30068

·
Head of Society of Bob
3,889 Posts
that would be sweet! Kind of ties right in with something I was thinking about yesterday about modding NFS6. details here. Not only could you see the car, you could also drive it!! :D

·
Mommy says I'm special
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bah NFS6. Good graphics poor gameplay.

I have a second gen model already, but Im remaking them all cuz I changed my technique and if people really wanna see what their car looks like with accuracy then they have to be very accurate and detailed.

Yur added to my contact list king. :)

·
Head of Society of Bob
3,889 Posts
Bah NFS6. Good graphics poor gameplay
true, I liked NFS5 better since it actually had unique stuff like the evolution campaign. NFS6 is a lot more arcadey, but it looks to be more friendly to modding that 5. I remember some people tried to make other cars for 5, but they turned out to be just Porsches with different bodies. With NFS6, it looks like all the characteristics of a car could be accurately simulated.

·
Official Gathering Ghost
1,848 Posts
please make sure you can include a CF pitroad M hood and have the hood change colors from CF to w/e color of the car is.....

·
Mommy says I'm special
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will include all the eye candy things I can find. How bout we make a list of the all the kits and stuff.

Color:
Fully Customizable

Body Kits:
Kaze
Veilside
Bomex
Erebuni
Pit Road M

Spoilers:
Hoop
Combat
Normal
Active Aero normal

Interior:
Pretty much customizable in any way.

Rims:
I'll need a list of those.

Lets make a list!!!!!! Give me anything I missed.:D

·
Proud 3000GT Driver
3,221 Posts
yeah, definately make it so that you can mix and match bodykit parts...for example, i'm planning on getting bozzspeed front lip, and the veilside side skirts...that sort of thing. :)

·
Mommy says I'm special
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I use 3D studio also. Man, you chose a very difficult car to start on. That might be why. What kind of stuff do you model. Or do you model anymore?

Yes, I plan on having everthing mix and matchable. I really have no idea how much programming this would take. It will be easy and fun for me to model it all so that's why I decided to do it. And it will save ALOT of time and effort on the photoshopping jobs. As in you won't need them. Except for decals and such.

Oh yeah and I use 4. I like 4 alot better then 3.1.

Attachments

·
Arizona Cardinals
857 Posts
What ever happened with this project? Showing the models and manipulating them (open doors, swap rims,.. parts ect) could be displayed in a webpage as an image with java.

However, the models would have to limited in the total number of polygons to be rendered effectively by most users web browsers. A convincing model created with as few polygons as possible is no easy task.

Below is a java applet I wrote in wt that displays a f86 sabre model and associated textures.

<iframe width="600" height="600" src='http://scores.warbirdsiii.com/offsite/wt' framespacing='0' frameborder='no' scrolling="yes"></iframe>

·
Ghetto Smurf
99 Posts
Hey, I just atumbled onto this thread lookin for pics of all kinds of different body kits. Aparently there are a bunch of others according to http://www.3000gt.lv/bodykits.htm . Most are just a few modded pieced. The only credible one you guys missed (credible as far as my tastes go) is the Extremor Kit by Varis. Well, according to this guy's site, it's Varis...never heard of it myself, but I have heard of the Extremor kit

edit: just fount another one at http://www.andysautosport.com/mitsubishi/90_93_3000gt.html . It's called the Combat Bomb kit

·
Slave to Gravity
417 Posts
Master X

Let me know if I can help.
I work with Max also.
See my web site.

DigitalNeutrinos

·
Mommy says I'm special
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I didn't see the update to this.

Fiasco - I will definitely make these cars as low polygon as I can. Rotating them in 3d studio with lots of polys kinda sucks anyway.

Bandaid - I pmed you. I'll keep you updated and I'll try to see if I can get those kits in but we'll go one step at a time and gets the cars done first. oh yeah and I gave you the wrong aim its ferraripsycho no _.

Digital - I'd be very glad if you would want to help. We can talk about it. aim - ferraripsycho, msn [email protected]

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.