Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my new car knowing full well that I was going to run into problems after hearing everyone else's woes.

Lo and behold I've had my problems, and I'm still having my problem. If anyone could help please please tell me what I can do.

So I get my car on the 30th of September. The seller immediately took my check and paid off his loan with Bank of America.

They said that a clean title will be here within a week, the 8th. On the 8th, they said anyday anyday blah blah. So eventually he went in and asked exactly what was going on. They say the account was not formally "closed" until the 9th, so a week from 9th->16th. On the 16th, they start throwing the anyday anyday bs at me. I got pissed and drove over to this BOA (hey it's an hour drive each way with traffic) to ask what was going on. Apparently the title was sent to some place in Florida..the lady says 'you know what, come back tommorow with a release of lien form and I'll sign off on it.' I go back, all happy, I can finally drive my car yay! kind of happy. I had a pleasant drive to San Rafael the next day.

Then the lady says "you know, I'm sorry, I can't do this after all! The seller needs to sign a power of attorney, and I need to mail it in. It'll be here within a week." I couldn't even get mad at that point. (Traffic merged from 4 lanes to 1 on the bridge, by the way. There was an hour's worth of jam on the way back).

So now it's been a week (as of this Monday). Surprise surprise no calls. So I call them up, and the lady taking care of my business WENT OFF ON VACATION! AND WON'T BE BACK UNTIL NEXT TUESDAY!

What can I do..I can't register my car..my insurance is giving me trouble and now I'm probably going to have to get a new smog check. *sigh*

(other problems:
-non closing passenger door (check)
-non working back wiper (can someone tell me how I can check the motor? Thanks!)
-2nd gear synchros (I'll try changing it to redline when I have the time)

·
Registered
727 Posts
You gotta wait and just realize people can be incredibly selfish and uncaring at times. Go work out or punch a wall or take the time to detail your car personally and get a feel for it and enjoy it and realize its all worth it. Sounds good, but in all reality id be pissed to no end and probably punch a wall a few times.

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
For the rear wiper.....Does the switch just not do anything or does it feel stuck/crooked? If it feels broke then its probably a little plastic piece that broke off inside the switch..its and easy fix. Let me know what its doing so I can tell ya how to fix it.
Switching to Redline does help.
And if the light for the passenger door isnt working...then its probably the button that is supposed to get pushed in....isn't getting pushed in. It should have a rubber cover on it in the door seal....just push that in and move it around and see if that fixes the problem.

-Jeff

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the moral rapport guys..

Next tuesday will be the day when I go in there with my uzi and..
oh wait nevermind ^^;

As for the door, I got that problem resolved so I'm happy.

I did take apart my switch..on second gens I guess they have a little metal piece instead? It's harder to break off. I manually flipped the little white switch the rocker arm is connected to up and down, and there is no sound from the motor in the back. Dash lights work, so I'm thinking it's no fuse (i checked the fusebox, too).

So now I'm left with the motor..(i think)

·
In charge
1,814 Posts
Ouch. What a hell of a way to get ownership of the car. I hope no more issues pop up over this. But, once its all over, you are just going to love driving that car around.

4,448 Posts
yea yea, i feel the same way. jon jensen (aka tokaygecko) has been working with me to get his '91 R/T TT up to me as i am buying it. this has been going on since mid september or so. i just sent out a check to him on thursday as he could not ship the car to me because he doesn't have any money.

now i understand that he is busy with work, but i told him i'd like to have the car by thanksgiving break. hopefully it will happen, but knowing jon, i kinda doubt it. now that i've sent $1000 to him, i BETTER see the car as soon as he gets that check.

the car is $1250 + towing from VA to NJ. i just sent over half of what needs to be sent. now if i don't see a car by winter break AT THE VERY VERY LATEST, i might have to come down to fredericksburg, VA and take the car and have that be the end of it right there.

i know i'm getting a deal, but i'm sick of calling and not having my calls returned, emails returned in 3-4 days, and not getting the car!!!!

sorry about the rant, but i know what you're feeling. i just want a TT...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts