Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Unforeseen dichotomy.
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems many people are starting to use some HUGE signatures. I'm starting to see more signature than actual posting content, not to mention some people have some poorly formatted images, like a three color JPEG thats 500k, when it could just be a 20k gif. :p

I thought I might try this one out, but maybe its too small.

EDIT: I'm not tryin to be a sig or post nazi, I'd just thought I'd point it out to those with them just how big they are. Maybe they don't realize its so huge? *shrug*

·
Unforeseen dichotomy.
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here, I dropped my resolution to 800x600 and took a screen shot, for a frame of reference. And remember, that image is only 640x480. A few sig images are more than 1200 wide.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yeah, I saw one sig the other day that had like 5 huge pics in it.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I agree...

I took out my pics from my sig months ago and just left what you see below...:)

Also I used smaller text which makes a world of difference...;)

One thing that people do not remember when posting more then once in the same post, un-click the box that says,

[x]"Show Signature: include your profile signature. Only registered users may have signatures"

So if you post twice in a post, just un-click it the second time. All the other members will be able to see it the first time you post...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Now, see how easy this is...

See no sig...:p

·
stirrin' up truble
725 Posts
sig, schmig....

where's the pr0n?

·
Unforeseen dichotomy.
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hehe Twinsen, you took the hint!!! :-D

Though, you can't beat the VR-4 pulling a wheelie.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,001 Posts
Yes, I tried to be considerate to you LOOZARZ who use INFERIOR resolutions to 1600x1200, that's why I've been changing my sig so much lately, but it seems I just can't win! Well, until now. :)

·
IDIC
4,390 Posts
I tried to make mine small, but all my cars ended up being the size of avatar pics, so I made it this big...After the charger gets a paint job and the rims are cleaned up, I'm gonna get a pic of all the cars lined up and make a nice small sig pic :)

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
Mines only 500x300 something. Lots of stuff going on in it though, so it kind of a big file size :rolleyes: I try and turn it off after I have posted it once in a thread. I'm set at 1280x1024 and I do hate scrolling to see the text becuase of a sig. Just make it taller, not wider! I will say I like looking at all the nice sigs out there.

·
That Others May Live
3,845 Posts
Thanks for bringing that up. I messed around a little bit and figured out how to reduce my font. I figure my pic isnt obnoxiously big so it will stay.... for now.

·
Registered
173 Posts
AbsurdParadox said:
Though, you can't beat the VR-4 pulling a wheelie.
It looks like it is drifting around a corner to me.

·
THE MAN, THE AMERICAN
2,015 Posts
I change my signature fairly often, but always try to keep it as simple and as reasonably sized as possible. I definately encourage people to uncheck the Show Signature box on their second or later post to a same thread too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts