Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, returning to school, there was a freak rainstorm. Just POURING, so bad cars were just sliding off the road like mad.

Anyways, I was going up I-35; which is about 75% under construction. On a turn, where there is NO indication of road sweep, i slipped off the road and got back on for an instant(curb checkin the front in the process). POW! Blow tire. Park, come back to look at it the next day.

When I get it off to change, there is a rip down the side of my new Pirelli(245/45/17), and the rim is badly damaged. I get a new tire mounted, pop it on..now I realize that the steering is completely thrown off(hoping it's just alignment). There is also undercarriage and frame damage.

I have heard that the city/contractors have to pay for damage due to unsafe roads, I am asking you guys what you think I should do in this situation. Luckily it wasn't a huge loss, but I wouldn't mind being reimbursed for otherwise unnecessary measures. Anyone have experience in this?

Ant

J

·
0 Posts
Sorry ant...that suck!

I glad that your ok...is the rim a loss?

Well if you dont have it fixed by next weekend...well go up to Hibdons...my good friend is one of the managers...and well get it up on the rack...and have a look at it.

E-mail me if you want to set this up!
josh

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's okay, scraped the lip off two rims, blew a tire, and seriously through it out of aligment. Nothing too serious, just the freakin alignment shops are all backed up(I wonder why). I went to Hibdon and Midas(where I can get it done for free ) all over OKC, Edmond, and Norman..backed up till Monday. Oh well.

Ant

1 - 4 of 4 Posts