Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
original owner, 266k miles, keeping it alive.

asc switch lights asc light on instrument cluster;
"set" nor "accelerate" paddle engages cruise control, "cruise" light does not illuminate, no sound from auto-cruise relay inside center console;
fuses #11(auto-cruise relay) and #19 (auto-cruise control unit (computer)) both good (under dash fuse block);
limit switches on clutch and brake pedals test good;
vacuum pump and associated solenoids test good;

anybody have any ideas? ... looking like the problem is the auto-cruise control unit??

-jfreddy

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
You tested the vacuum pump, but did you make sure the vacuum line to the throttle control wasn't damaged/disconnected/leaking? Also is the ASC light staying on or coming on then going off?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
first stage of repair was replacing the vacuum line from pump to throttle actuator and the short on-pump 90 degree elbow; the cruise worked for a couple days, but then the "cruise" light failed to illuminate upon paddling the "set" switch on the steering wheel; i rechecked the function of that paddle switch through the clock spring - it is okay; the "asc" remains lighted during the test; thanks for the reply!; what else could be wrong?; i plan on testing the "auto-cruise relay next, but I think it's coming down to the computer; any idea?

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
3,065 Posts
fuses #11(auto-cruise relay) and #19 (auto-cruise control unit (computer)) both good (under dash fuse block);
You didn’t include any car details, but if ’91-’93 fuses #17 & #18 are also involved.

Edit: Also did you test both switching contacts in the brake switch, since it has a normally open (NO) switch and a normally closed (NC) switch housed internally.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for reply!; all fuses are good.
You didn’t include any car details, but if ’91-’93 fuses #17 & #18 are also involved.

Edit: Also did you test both switching contacts in the brake switch, since it has a normally open (NO) switch and a normally closed (NC) switch housed internally.
I will check both fuses again; thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for replies; auto-cruise computer was fine, as were all other components; error was fault of operator!; car speed must be at least 35mph before cruise will engage; I had been testing at lower speeds!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts