Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have infinity perfect componets with the seperate crossover where I connect my mid bass and tweet.

If I connect my bass shakers to the mid bass terminal on the cross over while still haveing the mid bass connect as well, will I damage my crossover?

Right now my cross over is right under my seat and would make for one easy install. Thanks.

·
Registered
322 Posts
connect the bass shakers unfiltered, in parallel. the bass shakers can't do much above 80hz (even lower, more like 50hz). if you hear a difference in sound coming from the main speakers, then you'd have to get a crossover to filter out >80Hz going to the shakers., but I doubt it.

that's of course assuming you're not running more power than the shakers can handle (which isn't much).
be sure to post your opinion of the shakers and how you installed them after you hook them up. i was thinking of getting some myself

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already used them before in my sisters neon. Just get a small 10" in a sealed box or bass tube then put the shakers under the seats.

The bass is really tight feeling. It's best when you have some speakers that can atleast put out bass if you don't use a sub, then the shakers just make it feel like more bass.

Hard to explain.

A. If you got half ass decent bass and speakers get shakers.

B. If you have crappy bass get 10" sealed pull out the rear speakers upgrade the fronts and add bass shakers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.