Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats $120 for all four... I'll cross drill your stock rotors and for an extra 8$ each I will even turn them.. Ok I'll post pics of mine tommorow... Let me know fellas... Bryan

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about that buddy...

Here is a pic... Sorry, I did not have time to take my rim's off and take a pic... its just to show what they look like... Ok let me know buddy... bryan

Attachments

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its kinda dirty but.........

Looks great when cleaned up and if you have the rims to show them off....

Attachments

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
So you just take a drill to em and drill in a few holes?

-Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Isn't cross drilling actually more harm to the rotor if you're just doing normal street driving and not making a lot of hard stops? I may be mistake but I thought the whole point behind cross drilling is to allow the rotor to cool off faster but even if you race a couple times in your daily driver I doubt it would warp or damage the rotor. You just make the rotor weaker by drilling holes into it. On the other hand, I've heard slotting rotors is actually good for daily drivers.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
getting back...

If you are intrester this is what will happend... After I get your stock rotors I will have them min. grind and cleaned up.. Then I will put them in the CNC and have them cross drilled... It is pre programed so it will be completly even.. I have had mine cross drilled for about 2 years with stock break pads and I have never had any problems... I can honestly say that temps went down a few degrees after cross drilling... I checked with a thermometer once on the stock non drilled rotor after driving from my house to my work and the next day checked temps with cross drilled rotors and it was like 5-6 degrees lower... I just can't remember because it was over 2 years ago.. Also before I drilled mine I did research and found a local shop AJ usa, that works on Porshe's and other cars... Turns out they do cross drilling to there rotors also using a CNC, same process except they charged me 110$ for front pair and then another $110 for the rear... This was because the CNC was not yet set up for my rotors and it had to be programed... Well any way I sold thoose rotors and did another set which is on my car right now... My car is a daily driver and I have had no problems on equivelent stock pads... Breaking seems to be better and I love the way they look... Ok let me know if you have any furthur questions... Bryan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts