Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a person selling a complete set of cross drilled and slotted rotors.... i have a 2nd gen non turbo car, he has a 1st gen non turbo car. Does anybody see a problem with me getting these? They should just swap right over, right? I have 18" wheels with tons of room in there..... anybody have any info?

·
Registered
399 Posts
no, it would no fit,

you will need to get the whole brake system. They(disks) are bigger, so you need the calipers on the right position. Otherwise, there will be a set of useless brake disks., and I would really not buy brake components used. If you know what I mean.
Íf you know how long the disks are used, then, .... but.

someone, give him the sizes.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the break rotors from a 1st gen are bigger than the break rotors on a second gen? So your telling me i will need to get bigger calipers too? The disks have only been used 4 months, and i trust the guy who is selling them... i doubt he would sell junk!

Does anybody have anymore information on this? I really want those disks!

Thanks

·
Registered
399 Posts
hey, I read it too fast, I think.

I thought you were buying those from a turbo. sorry, I have no clue about the non turbos.

Sorry about that.

I hope I didn't cause any problems.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whew.... good catch! heh :)
I havent bought them yet, but i am going to go check them out tomorrow! They are coming off a 1st gen NON TURBO and being put on a 2nd gen NON TURBO. :)

So does anybody know if these will fit?? Any help would be great! Like i said, i am going down to check them out on Saturday.

Thanks!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TTT

Anybody have any info on this???

Breaks coming off a 1st gen NON TURBO going onto a 2nd gen NON TURBO? Will it work?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts