Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Member Here!

If they say the VR-4 is a total, how can I get my $$$ for a new car and get the salvage title to this one? I want to part it out on Ebay like many other are ((( IF ))) it is written off as a total.
I know it can somehow be done... I want CAKE and Eat it too!!!

I'm praying that I can get it repaired and have StateFarm build this car to 110% I want a '99 nose and bigger turbos and intercoolers. Plus fresh paint! This wreck could be a good thing for me right?

Luckily I have old faithfull still around. My 92 SOHC Stealth to drive for the days while the VR-4 is sick. The crazy thing is that I had someone interested in buying the Stealth while I was taking pics of the VR-4 at the tow-yard! Had to say it wasn't forsale for a while

·
Registered
703 Posts
dude...

i think that was the most sparadic post i have ever read in my life...well just see what your insurance company is gonna give you for it...then do you research and see how much it is gonna cost you to get it up to 110% V/S buyin a new one...i am guessin i jsut repeated what you thought in your head...but that is all you can really do if you think about it...

·
2,243 Posts
The insurance company will offer you a price for the total, then they will give you a price to buy it back for.

Example they said mine was worth $10,000 and I could buy it back for $2000, so net check was $8000 - $500(deductible) - $7500.

·
Registered
17,551 Posts
BigBadVR4 said:
The insurance company will offer you a price for the total, then they will give you a price to buy it back for.

Example they said mine was worth $10,000 and I could buy it back for $2000, so net check was $8000 - $500(deductible) - $7500.
Oh, wow, thats how it works?? I had no idea. That's quite a nice option :) I mean, $7500 to just... throw into my car would be nice... Assuming the cost of damage isnt TOO bad.... argh... im bursting my own bubble...

·
2,243 Posts
It cost me $74 for the dealership to look at it. If I bought the transmission and transfer case, it would be $2000. The rest goes in my pocket. It looks as of now that I will get the transmission for free, so basically $7500 in my pocket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts