Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
You say it shuts off? The check engine light should stay lit the entire time the engine is stopped and keys are in “on” position.......it will stay lit until the engine is started and running, it will turn off 2 seconds later...

·
Registered
1993 3000GT VR4
2,132 Posts
You say it shuts off? The check engine light should stay lit the entire time the engine is stopped and keys are in “on” position.......it will stay lit until the engine is started and running, it will turn off 2 seconds later...
Not according the FSM. The CEL should come on for 5 seconds (implies it turns off after that 5 seconds, which is what mine always did too) after the ignition switch is turned on (pg 13A-17 in the 92-96 FSM).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I figured I should update this thread since most people with crank no starts don't have the courtesy to do so and hopefully this reply will help someone in the future. Long story short when I rebuilt the heads I wasn't doing so alone. I am utilizing aftermarket cams that don't share the same markings as stock. When my friend was helping me assemble it he seemed to have switched intake and exhaust around from where I had layed them. Regardless the blame lies on me alone for not triple checking the work before installation. A couple nights ago I switched the shafts to the correct position and she fired up first crank without hesitation. You guys have been great, my own stupidity was the only thing preventing me from solving it. (To future readers, if you have spark, and you have fuel and your sensors are getting power CHECK THE CAMS!!! I don't care what amount of confidence you may have they are correct check again!!!)

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
1,986 Posts
@4cylfukboi ...Thanks for taking time to do a follow-up of correction, which could help others if they search. Unfortunately many don't take time to do that as you mentioned.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts