Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Craigslist Creeping

66K views 520 replies 85 participants last post by  Paul H. 
#1 ·
Been watching this one for about 2 years. Saw it on craigslist from a private seller at about 2500.00. At that point it was a one owner car and looked good although the owner plasti-dipped the lower half black. It was up for sale for about 9 months and was sitting developed a fuel pump problem. He dropped the price to around 1500.00. Local buy here pay her bought it right outside where I work. They got it running put it up for 3500.00. It sat in his lot for about 5 months he dropped the price to 2900 and it sat for another couple months. He decided to paint the lower half the maroon color, which with the red interior sort of makes me want the heave. Someone must have liked it becuase it is now up on Craigslist again. Hopefully it finds a good home. Not sure why the current owner wants to unload it now.

Dodge stealth

#3 ·
Knew someone would catch that, lol. BTW the interior is in amazing shape. Probably the main reason why I was watching it. Body looked much better all white. The first seller had pictures before and after his black plasti-dip. For some reason, I thought the mileage was much lower. Can't imagine it had 50k worth of test drives?

#4 ·
#5 ·
#15 ·
#16 ·
When I bought my JDM engine it only had 30-40k on it. But its a 1st gen JDM so its def over 20 years old. I did the FULL 60k service on the engine b4 I put it into my car. Also did plugs and wires. Stuff just goes with age.

#14 · (Edited)
**'92 MITSUBISHI 3000GT VR4 TWIN TURBO*** $999 DOWN w/ BAD CREDIT!!

Look at this hot find! An automatic 92 VR4... Here is what it says in the ad:

Looking for a twin turbo VR4 with tons of mods then take a peek at this race car. This VR4 is finished in brilliant factory red exterior with leather interior. Per the previous owner, this car was built to go fast! Mods include cam, blow off valve, port and polishing heads, power steering and AC delete and race clutch. This car was built to go fast straight down the track. THOUSANDS in mods and upgrades! This car is not for the faint of heart as it pulls very hard and is a very fast vehicle. The race clutch alone was over $4,000. Overall the car starts and runs great down the road. Remember, it has the power steering and AC delete along with no factory radio but hit the gas and this car is guaranteed to put a smile on your face. The body is very straight and clean with virtually no rust!

Anyone else have a $4000 clutch? The clutch cost my than my VR4??? Thousands in mods everyone! lol.. Looks like the only mod was that eBay looking cone filter.

#18 ·
I agree better not to take chances.
A friend bought a low mile older Ferrari, the timing belt job (royal nightmare to do) was more than he wanted to pay so he put it off, shortly it went kaboom, now it will be more to fix than it's worth.

#20 ·
this one near me has been up for at least a year. he hasnt updated new photos.
i especially like how he says its "very rare"....lol but mileage is too high for that price
1997 3000GT SL VERY RARE

#22 ·
I'd probably give him $2500 for it if the VR4 wasn't costing me so much money right now. Looks pretty nice with that new paint. I drove my NA 3000GT for almost 9 years without way too many major issues until the engine blew at 198k miles. If that one truly has been babied its whole life with 170k miles on it, I am sure it has many more miles to go. Would make a really nice DD even for the price he has it listed.

#23 ·
seems like there are more things he is not saying if he has had it on there for a year. i know for sure it was on there before i bought my 91 TT in feb 2014.

#26 ·
they didnt disclaim the odometer or a picture of the engine/interior. and very non descriptive posts like that always are a red flag.

#30 ·
I had thought about blue stripes on my white stealth. I like the silver stripes, looks good. I'm not a fan of the hood heat shield.

#31 ·
i paid less for mine and it has 105k miles when i got it over a year ago. 7k would be fair from a dealership but thats a 4000-4500 car all day long. if he can back it up with receipts he could get almost 6000.

#32 ·
heres one for you guys. Im not in the market to buy another 3s right now but this looks like a good....plus its from a military base so these guys usually spend all their money on their cars. seems like a good deal to me
1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4, 102k, moving must sell