Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
An exhaust shop here in Ft. Worth fabricated my exhaust from the turbos all the way back, so yes, it can be done. Mine is made of aluminized steel and is pressure bent, so it doesn't flow quite as well as a mandrel bent set up and isn't as pretty, but it made a huge difference.

Supposedly, you should be able to pass emissions with just the main cat. You should drive your car around for a little while prior to getting it tested just to get things nice and hot.

Hope this helps.

h82luz

·
3kgt Driver
3,505 Posts
I would just ask the exhaust shop to make you straight pipes from the header past the cats to the exhaust. my boy did that w/ his NA supra. (i dont know really the comparison w/ straight pipes and aftermarket dp specs)

or you could just ask them to make you a dp and keep the testpipe so you could replace it w/ the cat for emissions

i have a 95 NA, i didnt even know we had precats :confused: but ive seen the stock dp and there are not cats on it

can anyone else help answer his questions?

·
Registered
595 Posts
duh

Just realized that he was an N/A. You shouldn't have a problem with passing emissions as long as you retain the cat after the DP. Only thing is, you're gonna lose some low end torque if you go with a better flowing setup. I noticed in your sig that you're already dealing with that with your current mods and this will only make it more noticeable.

h82luz

·
Large Member
6,163 Posts
I had a custom downpipe made for $220.. that included labor, a flex section (a must for FWD), a high flow cat ($100), and the piping..

·
3/S Addict
1,561 Posts
only cali spec have pre cats......fed spec do not. I know I don't have pre cats

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
From what I understand, all 97-99 NA had precats. 91-96 NA that are not Cali-spec did not have precats. 91-96 Cali-spec had precats. I am pretty sure about this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts