Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, got this bad shape weatherstrip with a nozzle on it (at the top of the back latch door), what is the name of it or a part number?

Can we still buy a new OEM one? if so please provide me a link.

Thanks!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I removed all the coating and used an exterior spar urethane spray to coat the piece. I did have to sand all the surface rust as well. Not perfect but looks way better than peeling/cracking weatherstrip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we
I removed all the coating and used an exterior spar urethane spray to coat the piece. I did have to sand all the surface rust as well. Not perfect but looks way better than peeling/cracking weatherstrip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That looks awesome!!!, will the rain leak into the car through that big gap in front of it?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Thanks. That is just a gap so the hatch can open. There is no seam for water to get in. It goes down into the channel around the outside of the hatch then through the weep holes under the car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks. That is just a gap so the hatch can open. There is no seam for water to get in. It goes down into the channel around the outside of the hatch then through the weep holes under the car.
I have been wondering myself, can the weep holes and the surrounding area by the weep holes be more prone to rust? Just curious

1 - 9 of 9 Posts