Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
94 Stealth RT/TT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get a coolant filler neck, the Auto Parts stores don't seem to have any, same for eBay & Amazon?
The one I have is rusted all to hell

#25 in the image below (for 94 Stealth RT/TT)

·
Registered
1993 3000GT VR4
2,144 Posts
They are aluminum, how is rusted? If its just the fitting for the turbo coolant line they can be removed, threaded to an NPT size (cant remember which one off hand 1/8 maybe) and a brass fitting installed.

As far as the one you found, as far as US cars are concerned, without AWD is the same as non-turbo.

·
Registered
94 Stealth RT/TT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are aluminum, how is rusted? If its just the fitting for the turbo coolant line they can be removed
I will take it back off and get some pictures of it later today. I need the turbo line though.

I did finally find one which said w/AWD, but they canceled my order because they don't actually have it in stock, like their website claimed.
But the part number is MD153687, if anyone needed it.

·
Registered
94 Stealth RT/TT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you can see it here

I'm going to try using a brush and clean it up some, but I'm not real hopeful yet.

·
Registered
1993 3000GT VR4
2,144 Posts
Those are the fittings I was talking about being able to remove and thread the holes for a brass fitting so there is no reason to replace the whole piece.

·
Registered
94 Stealth RT/TT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are the fittings I was talking about being able to remove and thread the holes for a brass fitting so there is no reason to replace the whole piece.
Ok, I think I misunderstood what you said then. So I would just need to cut off the existing ones, then thread it using a tap set and install brass fittings?
I was debating order the 3sx kit, but I'm not sure. Though since I need to replace the aged rubber hoses anyway, it might be worth it.

·
Registered
1993 3000GT VR4
2,144 Posts
You dont even need to cut them. They are just pressed in and can typically be removed with a pair of pliers and some twisting. Then thread the holes (for whatever size the fittings are) and install the brass fittings (with a little teflon tape if they are NPT threads).

Instead of brass fittings you could go to the AN lines like 3SX offers but the brass fittings are cheap and typically readily available locally.

·
Registered
94 Stealth RT/TT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You dont even need to cut them. They are just pressed in and can typically be removed with a pair of pliers and some twisting. Then thread the holes (for whatever size the fittings are) and install the brass fittings (with a little teflon tape if they are NPT threads).

Instead of brass fittings you could go to the AN lines like 3SX offers but the brass fittings are cheap and typically readily available locally.
Oh, even easier. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Yeah, remove, drill, tap and convert to AN. I did this a few years ago, really easy. Use some thread sealant on the threads so you only do it once.

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
If you don't want to go full AN, you could use something like this instead, check out Jegs or Summit, they make all kinds including angled.

barb.JPG

·
Registered
94 Stealth RT/TT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was able to clean it up (a lot), so this will do for now, until we can find better or change out the tubes for NPT fittings. Thanks again guys

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
If it was me, I'd put a thin layer of the permatex water pump silicone around the nipple, let it flash for a few minutes, then put the hoses on. That will insure they stay sealed up for a long time. Let it cure a bit before running of course.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts